Rural and Agribusiness / Rural and Agribusiness For Sale
Floor Area: 222.00 Hectares.
It is seldom that such an outstanding parcel of fertile loam soil types adjacent to the alluring tree lined Goulburn River, only one and a half hours from Melbourne, presents to the market.
In an area famous for its wineries and world acclaimed thoroughbred horse studs, “Morningside” is suited to equine pursuits breeding, fattening or horticulture with its irrigation entitlements and infrastructure ideal for flood or spray waterings.
Improvements are extensive and carefully planned to adapt to both equine and beef pursuits. Stables, horse conditioner, undercover stud yards, and cattle yards, office complex, hay and machinery shedding.
Fencing is outstanding, being iron bark, railed and mesh with electric support throughout the entire property, central laneway facilitates stock movement along established plantations, providing shade and shelter to all paddocks.
Water is sourced from the Goulburn River for livestock and domestic use, crop and pasture irrigation. A character filled 4 bedroom homestead and 2 bedroom Managers home in a sweeping lawned and treed setting overlooking an ornamental lake, provides every modern comfort. Superb guest accommodation, incorporating a mezzanine library, and workers cottage completes the high quality accommodation of “Morningside”.
• 222 ha plus 16 ha river lease
• Proven breeding and fattening country-lucerne production
• Over 4.5km of absolute Goulburn River frontage
• Extensive ironbark post railed, and mesh fencing
• Central laneway system and double gates
• 12”, 10” and 8” underground irrigation mains to pipe and riser system plus Kline spray
• Highly productive pastures of clover, phalaris, rye and lucerne
• Horse conditioner, stables, sand roll, day yards, office, vet room
• EU accredited for livestock export
• 4 bedroom character filled homestead, with wide verandahs, landscape windows, and all modern features, in a sweeping lawned setting overlooking an ornamental lake
• 2 bedroom modern managers residence
• Superb guest accommodation fully self-contained with ensuite, kitchenette, formal dining area, lounge and mezzanine library with spiral staircase
• 3 car garage
• Established garden of native shrubs, English trees, in an expansive elevated lawned setting
Please contact Shane McIntyre for further details or to book an inspection of this once in a lifetime opportunity.
- Total area: 222 hectares (approx.)
- Fertile lemnos loam soils
- Extensive river frontage
- Outstanding equine facilites
- One and half hours from Melbourne CBD
Open in a new window