One of the largest rural properties in the world - historic “Clifton Hills Station” - a huge cattle station in the far north-east corner of South Australia, is being offered on a “walk-in walk-out basis”.
Clifton Hills cattle station has three strengths that set it apart;
• A massive land area with a Pastoral Board Maximum Stock Rating of 21,500 cattle.
• Three distinct and equally balanced land types being gibber plain with creeks that is highly responsive to rain growing annual herbage, soft sandhill country with excellent permanent feed sources of mainly Spinifex, Salt Bush and Blue Bush; and inland river floodplain.
• The Diamantina River and Cooper Creek flow across Clifton Hills. The Diamantina consistently floods 1,500 square kilometres each year, creating some of the best cattle fattening country in the land.
• Strategic position on the Birdsville Track with access to both northern and southern markets. The Clifton Hills homestead is located 195km (approx.) by road south of Birdsville.
• Four pastoral leases: Clifton Hills (2), Goyder Lagoon and Kanowana.
• Total area of approximately 16,510 square kilometres (over four million acres).
• Historic property - established in 1876.
• Infrastructure includes central homestead hub, formed roadways, airstrips, 24 sets of steel trucking yards, six flowing bores, valuable plant and equipment.
• Livestock: an estimated 18,000 head of cattle made up of a variety of breeds to suit both northern and southern markets.
• Clifton Hills enjoys organic beef producer status.
Clifton Hills Station is offered for sale by International Tender. The last day to submit a formal tender to purchase Clifton Hills Station is Thursday 2 August 2018 at 4.00pm (ACST).
For further information or to arrange a property inspection, please contact the agents:
Ben Forrest: 0427 580 000
Jesse Manuel: 0421 550 242
RURAL PROPERTY & LIVESTOCK (RPL)
Wally Cooper: 0427 781 054
08 May 2019
'Clifton Hills Station' Birdsville Track, CLIFTON HILLS STATION SA 5733, AUSTRALIA