Agribusiness For Sale
Expressions of Interest. EOI Date 4 Oct 2018
Land Area: 43.00 Hectares. Floor Area: 43.00 Hectares.
Colliers International in conjunction with Landmark Harcourts Tasmania, are pleased to offer for sale by Expressions of Interest, the assets of Aussie Cherries Ltd (In Liquidation), a vertically integrated cherry operation in southern Tasmania.
The assets comprise three individual properties at Castle Forbes Bay, Port Huon and Lucaston, which are collectively across 15 freehold titles. The properties are available individually, collectively or in-one-line.
The assets offer prospective purchasers:
• 78 hectares (approx.) of prime Huon Valley land with 43 hectares (approx.) planted to cherries and 35 hectares (approx.) under netting.
• 15 freehold titles.
• Mostly mature, productive orchards and favourable cherry varieties.
• Excellent soils and tree health.
• Versatile horticulture land suitable for alternative crops or styles of production.
• Water entitlements.
• Quality irrigation infrastructure, systems and water storage.
• Grading and packing capabilities.
• Internationally renowned locations and attractive tourist destinations.
• Valuable underlying real estate with subdivision and development potential.
The properties are situated at three locations as follows.
HUON HIGHWAY, PORT HUON
- 8.59 hectares (approx.) on one title with 6.234 hectares (approx.) of netted cherry orchard.
- Cherry tree varieties are Sweet Georgia and Sweetheart.
CROWTHERS ROAD, CASTLE FORBES BAY
- 41.938 hectares (approx.) across seven titles with 25.056 hectares (approx.) of netted cherry orchard.
- Cherry tree varieties are Sweet Georgia, Simone, Sweetheart, Lapin, Kordia and Regina.
- Large packing shed complex of 2,830sqm (approx.) total building area comprising:
• staff amenities
• Packing facilities
• grading facilities
• storage areas
• separate workshop
• ten cool rooms
• a spray shed.
BAKERS CREEK ROAD, LUCASTON
- 27.617 hectares (approx.) across seven titles with 12 hectares (approx.) of cherry orchard of which 4.4 hectares (approx.) is netted.
- Cherry tree varieties are Sweet Georgia, Simone, Van, Stella, Sweetheart, Lapin, Kordia, Merchant, Chelan and Ron’s Seedlings.
- Improvements comprise a residential cottage and machinery shed.
All properties encompass adequate pumping and irrigation infrastructure, water entitlements and all-weather access. A considerable investment has also been made in the installation of netting on the orchards for tree and fruit protection.
The properties have been developed, managed and maintained to a high standard and are budding well in readiness for this year’s harvest (December 2018).
The assets of Aussie Cherries Ltd (In Liquidation) are for sale by Expressions of Interest, closing Thursday 4 October at 4pm (EST).
Prospective purchasers are invited to bid on the assets on an individual, collective or in-one-line basis.
To arrange an inspection of the assets or to obtain a copy of the comprehensive
Information Memorandum, please contact the agents.
- 78ha cherry orchards, mostly netted
- 3 locations and multiple land parcels
- Extensive packing shed & cold storage
07 Nov 2018
22-32 Crowthers Road, CASTLE FORBES BAY TAS 7116, AUSTRALIA
Open in a new window