Iain is a National Director within Colliers International Project Leaders and Government Property Services located in Canberra ACT.
Iain is an expert advisor in relation to the Commonwealth Government and provides expert leasing, transaction and project leadership services to key clients and Commonwealth Government entities. With this multi-disciplinary experience, Iain is excellently placed to provide the services required to successfully deliver any project.
Iain has delivered more than 133,000sqm worth of Commonwealth property projects and lease transactions in the past 5 years on both the Tenant side and the Landlord side.
Iain possesses strong skills in:
- Strategic Planning, Project Management, Project Delivery & Project Leadership.
- Commonwealth Property Management Framework.
- Programming and Financial Analysis.
- Commonwealth Procurement Rules.
- Commonwealth Government Approvals (PWC, Budget Approvals).
- Negotiation and management of the Agreement for Leases and Commonwealth National Leases.
- Contract Administration and Management of Key Stakeholders (Government Client, Consultants and Landlord’s).
Iain has received recognition for his project management skills from the Australian Institute of Project Management and been identified by the Property Council of Australia for both project and individual awards.
- Department of Immigration and Broder Protection (DIBP) Headquarters Project, value $260M. The project involved an approach to market for 90,000sqm of leased accommodation on behalf of three Commonwealth entities. Iain was responsible for all aspects of this project including preparing and negotiating the agreement for lease contracts and the Commonwealth leases, PWC preparation and referral, government approvals, financial analysis, contract management, contract administration, project planning, project resourcing, procurement, time management, cost management and stakeholder management.
- Australian Quarantine and Inspection Services (AQIS) Project, Kensington, Victoria. AQIS signed an Agreement for Lease with a developer to undertake the construction of new office space in Kensington, Victoria. Iain was responsbile for the AFL process, the design phase and the procurement. Iain also provided superintendency services throughout the construction period to completion.
- FWO National Spatial Analysis. Iain provided the Fair Work Ombudsman an overview of their property portfolio (30 properties) with options to relinquish space to achieve long-term savings.
- FWO Executive Fitouts, Perth, Melbourne and Canberra Project Manager. Iain delivered various executive fit outs for the FWO across various capital city office locations.
- Infrastructure and Utilities in Support of JP2008 Phase 5B2, (Satellite Ground Station East), Kapooka Military Area, Department of Defence CFI, Project Manager. The project is to provide facilities and infrastructure to support project JP2008 Phase 5B2 which will provide a remotely controlled Satellite Ground Stations to anchor Wideband Global SATCOM Satellites.
- CIOG Deakin Decommissioning Project, Department of Defence . The project’s function is to relocate Defence personnel, the CIOG infrastructure and significant ICT capability from an existing building and accommodate it within the existing Defence estate footprint.
- ACT Block & Stack Project, Department of Defence. Iain was in the delivery team for the ‘Block and Stack’ project across the ACT Estate. The project’s mandate was to achieve collocation of staff within groups and to close out inefficient leases around the estate. It required the extensive planning, stakeholder communications, construction and relocation of approximately 5000 staff relocations.
- ‘The Jamieson Apartments” Anglican Diocese of Canberra and Goulburn, Development Manager, value $50M. The Jamieson Apartments is a 9 story multi-residential apartment complex. This project required management of a comprehensive planning phase, involving multiple design and works approvals, Green Star Accreditation and a myriad coordination issues. Iain completed this project which now the first residential project along Constitution Avenue, within the capital’s Parliamentary Triangle.
- Qantas Airways Limited, Canberra International Airport, Stage 2 Project Manager. The project was to deliver all of Qantas Operations from the Old Canberra Airport to the New Terminal including finalising Qantas’ front of house operations including, Lounges, Ticketing and Sales Offices, Customer Service and Qantas Movement Control into their long term end locations prior to full Terminal Grand Opening.
Health & Aged Care
- Australian Medical Council Head Office Project, Canberra Project Manager. Iain managed all aspects of the Australian Medical Council’s fit-out and relocation to their new national offices in Majura Park.
- Private Health Insurance Administration Council Fitout Project, Canberra Project Manager. Iain managed this small fit-out at the premises of Level 2, 10-12 Brisbane Avenue, Barton. This project involved an extremely tight timeframe (8 weeks, over the Christmas shutdown period) and had a very restricted budget. The project was completed successfully and was recognised by the AIPM at the Local and National Level.
- Advanced Diploma of Civil Engineering
- Diploma of Project Management
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- ACT Registered Real Estate Sales person
- AGVSA Negative Vet Security Clearance
- Certified Practising Project Manager (CPPM), AIPM
- Property Council of Australia
- Member, Australian Institute of Project Management (MAIPM)
- Royal Canberra Golf Club
- Canberra Yacht Club
- United Hockey Club
- Australian Government Negative Vetting Level 1 Defence Pass Restricted
- Certificate IV in Government Procurement
- ACT Construction Industry White Card
- National Asbestos Awareness Card
National Director | Head of Government Property Services and Strategic Accounts
Nick’s experience extends across a range of policy, corporate and operational roles throughout his 17 year career working for the Australian Government, and has provided him with an excellent understanding of Government activities and directions.
As National Director of Government Property Services, Nick is responsible for the implementation and co-ordination of our Commonwealth Government Business Plan to increase opportunities and revenue across the national business for Colliers International and its clients.
- Property strategy: developed through management of large Commonwealth property projects; business process improvement;
- Stakeholder engagement: developed and enhanced through roles managing large Government Programs and Corporate Projects;
- Strategic planning: developed through major change events and ongoing process innovation and enhancement.
- Human resources and financial management: developed through corporate services and service delivery network roles;
- Service delivery, policy and program management: developed through extensive corporate experience; and
- Internal governance arrangements.
State Chief Executive, ACT
As the State Chief Executive Officer of the Canberra office I am part of the Senior Leadership Team of the Australian business. I currently run our National Government Services business and the agency business in the ACT.
I have been intimately involved in the development sector of the market for the past 30 years and consulted on more than 500 office and residential projects, with a major focus on institutional grade assets.
My experience in the office pre-commitment market is highlighted by my involvement in the delivery of the DoHA, DIMIA, DEEWR, Centrelink and Industry buildings, totalling in excess of 250,000sqm NLA. Other major projects I have been involved in include the new Human Services building in Greenway ACT (26,000sqm), ATO building in Albury NSW, ATO buiilding in Chermside QLD and National Archives building in Mitchell, ACT
I am advisor to the ACT Government (Australian Forum/City to Lake) and advisor to council members of the Australian National University Investment Fund. Through my GST knowledge I heavily influenced reforms on the Tax legislation on the margin scheme.
Derek has over 40 years’ experience in the construction and property industry. Initially with Concrete Constructions Group Limited, where he was a Project Manager, he later moved to the Reed Group Pty Ltd where for over 17 years, he covered roles from Commercial Manager, and Chief Estimator to Project Manager, becoming a Director in 1988 before leaving and forming Nix Management in 1999. In 2014 Nix Management merged with Industry leading Infrastructure delivery expert Scott Anderson to become Nix Anderson Pty Ltd.
Over the past 18 years, Derek as Managing Director has overseen the delivery of $4B worth of projects without any formal dispute. Derek takes a hands on approach to all key requirements across the project working closely with each of the teams and keeping clients protected and informed at every stage. Clients have the confidence their project is being actively managed to control risks and take advantage of each opportunity.
Managing Director | Project Leaders
Scott joined Colliers International in August 2017 after Colliers acquired NixAnderson where he was previously Managing Director. As Managing Director of the Project Leaders division at Colliers, Scott leads a team of 60 talented and dedicated professionals. The team have a presence nationally and deliver projects for both landlords and occupiers across multiple asset classes including office, retail, industrial, hospitality sports & Leisure, health care and retirement living, and residential. Scott recently delivered the Northern Beaches hospital, a project Colliers is proud to represent.
With 20 years of industry experience Scott has been involved in all stages of the project life cycle, from delivering major complex projects through the bid, feasibility and inception stage, to design and construction and finally the asset handover to the end client.
As Managing Director of Project Leaders at Colliers International, Scott takes a personal and dedicated approach to ensure the needs of all clients are fully understood and delivered to a high standard.
National Director | Real Estate Management
I am a senior property professional with more than 16 year’s experience in the Property Industry across Corporate Real Estate, Property and Project Management.
I have a proven track record in real estate transactions, strategic planning and portfolio optimisation and is responsible for the Real Estate Management business in Canberra.
· Reporting to board level across a number of different private and institutional clients
· Create and deliver business and asset plans, as well as lifecycle costing analysis.
· Specialising in representing Landlords with large corporate and government tenanted property
· Ability to recognise and develop business opportunities within the day to day operation of a building.
· Project, operational and management skills and reporting and analysis skills.
· Excellent relationship management skills and able to effectively build relationships with all levels of business personnel.
Director | Residential
As Director, Residential for Colliers International in the ACT , Shane leads a team of real etsate professionals responsible for the marketing and sale of residential projects, land estates, residential development sites and large englobo residential sales in Canberra and the surrounding region.
Shane works closely with both the Canberra and National Residential businesses to pitch, list and manage a range of residential projects to ensure the best possible outcomes for our developer clients in the ACT and interstate. Providing expert advice on current and future market conditions, design, product mix and pricing of projects is the key to ensuring the very best return for developer clients. My clients rely on his solid research and market knowledge to assist them in making the best decisions for the success of their project.
As a Director of the Canberra business, Shane is also a member of the Senior Leadership Team and works closely and collaboratively with other teams within Colliers International including capital markets, retail and commercial to provide high-level advice regarding their clients' property to service their requirements across all phases of their current and future developments.
Shane also has a close working relatonship with Peter Chittenden, National Managing Director of Residntial so that he is across new residential project marketing opportunities both locally and nationally, so that local developer clients can be kept abreast of opportunities outside of the Nation's capital.