Head of Retail Investment Services | Australia
Lachlan leads the Australian Retail Investment Services team having transacted in excess of $11 billion worth of shopping centres across Australia in the last 10 years. Lachlan has been with Colliers International for over 12 years and has 21 years of retail experience encompassing retail investment, leasing and master planning.
With an in-depth understanding of shopping centre performance, Lachlan can provide you with expert advice on the sale and acquisition of your retail investments.
- Capital Partnering / Joint Ventures / Portfolio Transactions
- Asset Marketing and campaign strategy, implementation and execution
- Shopping centre acquisition and disposal
- Sale negotiation and transaction
- Strategic asset positioning and repositioning to maximise asset performance
- Buy side investment advisory
Major transactions include:
• Pacific Werribee and Pacific Epping, VIC for $1.00 billion (50% interest);
• Indooroopilly Shopping Centre, QLD for $810.00 million (50% interest);
• Westfield Marion, SA for $670.00 million (50% interest);
• Westfield Burwood, NSW for $575.00 million (50% interest);
• Garden City Booragoon, WA for $575.00 million (50% interest);
• Northland Shopping Centre, VIC for $496.00 million (50% interest);
• Mt Ommaney Centre, QLD for $416.25 million;
• Westfield Woden, ACT for $335.00 million (50% interest);
• Mid City Centre, NSW for $320.00 million (75% interest);
• Noosa Civic Shopping Centre, QLD for $235.00 million;
• Stockland Townsville, QLD for $228.70 million (50% interest);
• Casey Central Shopping Centre, VIC for $220.75 million;
• Blackstone National Large Format Retail Portfolio for $219.00 million;
• Kawana Shoppingworld, QLD for $215.00 million (50% interest);
• Figtree Grove, NSW for $206.00 million;
• Carlingford Court Shopping Centre, NSW for $177.00 million;
• The Point Cook Town Centre, VIC for $176.00 million;
• Central Park Retail, NSW for $174.5 million;
• Salamander Bay Centre, NSW for $174.5 million;
• Claremont Quarter Shopping Centre, WA for $171.50 million (50% interest);
• Bay Village Shopping Centre, NSW for $164.00 million;
• Runaway Bay Shopping Centre, QLD for $160.00 million (50% Interest);
RMIT - 2002 - 2004 (Full Real Estate License)
Brighton Grammar School - 1992 - 1997 (VCE)
Memberships & Involvements
Australian Property Institute, Certified Real Estate Agent, Member of the REIV, Property Industry Foundation Advisory Board (Past member), Property Council of Australia
AMP Capital Investors, Armada Funds Management, Aventus, Blackstone, Blackrock, Brookfield, BWP Trust, Charter Hall, Coles Property Group, Commerz Real, CPPIB, DB Real Estate, DEKA, Dexus, Future Fund, Gandel Group, GIC, GPT, Invesco, LaSalle, Lend Lease, Mirvac, M＆G, Pacific Shopping Centres, Perron Group, QIC, Scentre Group (Westfield), SPH, Stockland, Walker Corporation, Woolworths, Nuveen, Vicinity Centres;
National Director, NSW
James leads the NSW Retail Investment Services team, and coordinates a national strategy for his clients, having transacted over $2 billion worth of shopping centres since joining Colliers International in 2013. James specialise in transacting supermarkets, hardware, neighbourhood, sub-regional and large format retail shopping centres. James utilises his 15 years of retail investment, neighbourhood shopping centre development and agency experience.
Alex James-Elliott’s sole focus as part of the NSW Retail Investment Services team is the NSW Private Retail Investment market. Since joining the Colliers International NSW Retail Investment Services team as an Executive, Alex has executed over $500 million retail investment transactions.
Alex joined the Colliers International Retail Investment Services team in 2015, and prior to this, had a background in valuations and analytics with a total of 10 years experience in commercial property.
Associate Certified Practising Valuer of the Australian Property Institute. Currently working as an Analyst within the Retail Investment Services team of senior, leading industry professionals focused on providing service to the national retail market, actively involved in the campaign life-cycle, researching the property investment market, financial analysis and providing market intelligence to support the compilation of submissions and production of information memorandums.
Analyst | Retail Investment Services
Lea Levy is an experienced analyst within Colliers Retail Investment Services business, working alongside the national team, specialising in the sale of major shopping centres.
As an analyst, Lea is responsible for supporting Retail Investment Services in delivering transaction services. This includes providing analysis on demographics, asset fundamentals and financials to optimise the success of the business’s campaigns and deliver the best results for clients.
Prior to joining Colliers in early 2019, Lea was a Finance Analyst at Scentre Group where she broadened her understanding of shopping centres and asset performance and refined her skills in operational analysis, financial modelling and valuation.
Tim McIntosh is a Director of Retail Investment Services, heading up the Victorian division.
Tim has nine years industry experience, specialising in the sale of shopping centre and freestanding supermarket assets for over 5 years. At the beginning of 2019, Tim returned from London, UK after two years working with the Retail Capital Markets team to head up the Victorian Retail Investment Services team.
Director | Retail Investment Services
Mike is a Director (VIC) of Retail Investment Services bringing over 13 years of industry experience. Mike has a comprehensive understanding of the retail sector, allowing him to provide prudent advice to his clients and purchasers.
With the last seven years focusing on the delivery of some of Victoria’s most significant Sub-Regional and Neighbourhood Shopping Centres for prominent private and national clients, Mike offers a unique level of expertise to his clients and purchasers with his in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Shopping Centre market incorporating:
• Strategic shopping centre asset positioning and re-positioning
• Master-planning and project delivery
• Shopping centre acquisition and disposal
• Sale negotiation and transaction
• Major Retail Lease negotiation and transaction
• Marketing campaign strategy and implementation
PAST & PRESENT CLIENTS:
• ANZ, Commonwealth Bank Australia, Westpac
• Australian Unity
• Coles & Woolworths
• Dennis Family Corporation
• JP Morgan
• Goldman Sachs
• H Troon
• Makris Group
• Perri Projects
• Prattcorp Pty Ltd
• RG Property
• Salta Group
• Salvo Property Group
• Shayher Group
• SP Setia
National Director | Retail investment Services
I am the head of the Retail Investment Services Team in Queensland and on a daily basis, work hand in hand with my fellow retail counterparts in the southern states.
Since joining Colliers International in 2009, I have specialised on the sale of all categories of retail investments being; neighbourhood supermarket based centres, sub-regional, regional, large format retail service centres and tourism retailed retail properties.
For 4 years I was also the Director in charge of the Colliers International Gold Coast office and Head of Colliers Insolvency Property Division.
Over my career I have transacted over 80 properties at a capital value in excess of $3 Billion.