Director | Queensland
Licence Registration Number: 4035872
Sam has more than a decade of experience in managing commercial real estate transactions for institutional and high net worth clients across the Asia-pacific region and has participated in over $1b in transactions in the last 5 years.
Sam’s role is to provide leadership to the Investment Services business across Queensland. He offers guidance and drives the national initiatives, including Middle Markets, Asia Market engagement, Restructuring Property Services and our Premium Investments team.
In 2016 he relocated to Colliers’ Brisbane office after 5 years with the firm in Singapore and Hong Kong, where he was responsible for Colliers ‘ANZ’ desk, working across the ANZ and Asian businesses channeling Asian capital into the Australia and New Zealand real estate markets.
Sam is an expert in negotiating cross border transactions having executed deals and mandates for clients in Australia, New Zealand, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, India, Russia and Indonesia.
Appointments Sam has been involved in:
- Newmarket Green - $290 million;
- Denison Portfolio (National) - $176 million;
- 504 Pacific Highway, St. Leonards – $150.8 million;
- 179 Elizabeth Street, Sydney - $148.8 million;
- 100 Wickham Street, Fortitude Valley - $83.83 million;
- 636 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne - $87.6 million;
- 180 Queen Street, Brisbane - $53.95 million;
- 116 Adelaide Street, Brisbane - $28.2 million
- 381 Macarthur Avenue, Hamilton - $19.74 million;
- 227 – 229 Forest Road, Hurstville (Sydney) – $18.8 million;
- 333 Adelaide Street, Brisbane – $16 million;
- 201 Leichhardt Street, Spring Hill - $14.27 million
- 13 - 17 Manning Street, South Brisbane - $13 million
- 26 Wharf Street, Brisbane - $9.73 million
- 53 Prospect Terrace, Gaythorne – $8.2 million
- Chartered Commercial Property Surveyor (MRICS)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance
- Graduate Certificate in Applied Finance
- Diploma in Financial Markets
Memberships & Involvements
- Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Urban Land Institute (ULI) Young Leaders' Group
Just a note to commend you and the Colliers team on the sale or 180 Queen St. You all delivered a great outcome for us.
- The team was responsive and communicative with us and our partner throughout the entire process
- You were diligent, energetic and demonstrated a “pride of ownership” in the engagement
- You did a great job in screening the final bidders and distilling down the appropriate items that separated the selected party
- The team stayed on top of the process and worked with us in ensure the buyer stuck to their timeline and didn’t waste time or resources on superfluous requests or issues
- We were happy with the end-to-end process delivered by the QLD Capital Markets team and look forward to working with you again
MANAGING DIRECTOR, PRIVATE EQUITY — ASIA-PACIFIC
Director | Brisbane City & Metro Sales
Hunter Higgins joined Colliers International in 2010 and has been leading the Brisbane Investment Services team for the last 5 years.
Hunter and the team offer their clients a tailored service by specialising in sales across the following investment property categories: office and retail, mixed-use development sites, office and retail strata property, Asia markets, premium investments and Restructuring Property Services.
With over 15 years’ experience in the real estate industry, Hunter has an exceptional track record and proven success as a market leader. He specialises in the Brisbane CBD and Metro markets with a focus on office and retail investments, and mixed-use development sites.
When it comes to customer service, Hunter invests in relationships to deliver enduring value, and offers enterprising solutions to achieve the best outcome for his clients. He retains long standing client relationships by continually exceeding their expectations through his strong market knowledge, active buyer relationships, solid work ethic, campaign management skills, honest feedback, clear direction and determination to achieve the best possible result.
Associate Director, Brisbane Metro Sales | Investment Services
Philip O’Dwyer’s property experience has broad experience on both sides of a major property transaction. His strong history in property development and project management and his deep understanding of the economic and organisational dynamics that drive successful projects ideally position him to advise his clients and to ultimately achieve transactions that maximise their outcomes. Philip worked in senior leadership positions on large urban property projects and detached housing built form and broad acre land subdivision projects with Watpac and Investa-owned Clarendon Homes. He also worked within CRI Australia and Buranda Properties. Philip has worked in all of the major property sectors and has achieved very well across all projects. His high-level property analytical skills are outstanding and have been developed through formal education and practical application.
He readily shares his detailed knowledge, allowing his clients to make informed investment and development decisions. Philip is known for his professionalism, negotiation skills and ability to communicate with clarity.
Tony Huan Wang
Manager, Asia Markets | Investment Services
As a Manager in the Investment Services Team based in Brisbane, Tony has transacted more than $100M in commercial real estate sales throughout Queensland in the last 3 years. Tony is a key member of the Asia Markets, National Strata Working Group and Premium Investments teams. Tony works specifically with Asian investors in Australia and offshore.
As the only Asian commercial agent with valuation background in the Brisbane market, Tony’s experience, multi-cultural background and strong connections with overseas financial institutions and high net worth investors distinguish Tony from the other commercial agents in Brisbane.
Tony is a registered valuer with over 13 years’ valuation and property experience, believes his solid background in valuation, real estate development and multi-lingual speaking skills have cemented his career in the real estate industry.
Executive, Brisbane City & Metro Sales
Nick has an asset speciality for commercial office and retail sales in the Brisbane CBD and near city market. With over 7 years of property experience in multiple areas including sales, leasing, property management and valuation, he is highly qualified to advise on and manage commercial real estate transactions.
Throughout his career he has engaged with clients at all levels including institutional, publically listed companies, State Government and allied divisions, private equity funds, international not for profit groups and high net worth individuals.
He takes a very analytical approach through feasibility and cash flow studies to get the most out of your property. With the combination of structured marketing campaigns and strong knowledge of the macroeconomic factors driving property investments, he is confident in achieving the best possible outcome for your property.