Senior Personal Assistant
I am now in my seventh year with Colliers International and my 23rd year in the property industry.
I am currently the Senior Personal Assistant for the North Sydney Office Leasing team. Prior to this I was a member of the Sales & Investment team from April 2012 - November 2015.
My role encompasses the administrative, financial and marketing support for the busy commercial leasing team, where I work closely with the property agents on their marketing campaigns.
I have extensive experience working in commercial property across office leasing, industrial and investment sales.
I have worked on a wide variety of campaigns and in 2014, I worked with the team to achieve sales of over $100 million on the North Shore.
Dipoloma of Buiness
Metropolis, Real Commercial, Commercial Real Estate
Director | Office Leasing
Dan Walker is a property professional with 15 years of real estate experience and an enviable track record in office landlord representation, asset repositioning and tenant brokerage. Dan prides himself on excellent client service and delivering exceptional outcomes for all stakeholders.
Dan is the Director in Charge for the Colliers International Sydney North office, responsible for the continued success and expansion of 40+ personnel in this established but growing region of Sydney; whilst also leading the Colliers International Office Leasing team in key North Shore markets including North Sydney, St Leonards, Chatswood and Macquarie Park.
Dan commenced his career in residential real estate, and immediately gained a passion for property. After selling many properties within his initial core area, Dan was offered a position by the newly formed McGrath Estate Agents Central Coast with Mat Steinwede. Dan worked directly under Mat whilst perfecting his skills and expertise in all areas including negotiation, mindset, and six star client service. Following a successful 4 years, Dan relocated to Sydney and entered the commercial property arena.
Completing his first commercial leasing transaction within his first week and following a six month knowledge building period in a boutique commercial firm, Dan was fortunate enough to be offered a position with the market leading Colliers International Sydney CBD Office Leasing team.
In his first year, Dan brokered over 50 transactions within the Sydney CBD, and was recognised for these efforts by being awarded the highly sought after Rookie of the Year award.
Prior to his current role in Sydney's North, Dan was involved in the appointment and leasing success of prime grade commercial office assets throughout the Sydney CBD on behalf of major onshore and offshore funds and institutional clients, with involvement in over 50,000sqm of leasing transactions in iconic Sydney office buildings including Grosvenor Place, Gold Fields House & Piccadilly Tower.
Dan lives in Sydney with his wife and two dogs and enjoys exercising outdoors, music, travel, and discussing economics and business both locally and globally.
In 2005 I commenced my property career with DTZ Property working in the lower North Shore Market in Industrial, sales and leasing.
In 2006 I joined CBRE in office leasing where I worked with major institutional and private owners focussing on new and existing metropolitan projects. I was made Senior Negotiator in Leasing in 2008.
In 2010 I joined Colliers International based in North Sydney in which I look after the Metropolitan Leasing. I specialise in working with tenants in the market finding office accomodation and working with owners promoting their office space.
Director, Leasing & Development | Office Leasing
In my role as Director, Leasing and Development, Office Leasing I am focused on securing large commercial development projects across the wider Sydney Metropolitan market. I am responsible for establishing and engendering closer working relationships with institutional and private clients across North Sydney, St Leonards, Chatswood, Macquarie Park and Parramatta markets, by way of offering ongoing strategic development advise with the creation of development opportunities.
Following a 13 year career on the institutional ‘client’ side of commercial and industrial property /development working for the likes of Frasers (Australand) and Investa, I have recently returned to the agency side. My in-depth development skills, strong client relationships and experience will be instrumental in positioning Colliers International to capitalise on the expected pre-commitment sales and leasing activity in the Metropolitan market over the coming years.
Executive | Office Leasing
Client Engagement, Asset Analysis and Leasing Strategy
• Engage with clients to discuss strategic/financial objectives, marketing campaign, asset plan and measures of success
• Advising clients on building refurbishment/upgrade and repositioning strategies to maximise financial outcomes
• Conduct detailed market analysis on existing client portfolios and competing properties to ensure accurate marketing and pricing
• Provide recommendations on target rents and incentive levels based on in-depth, up-to-date market knowledge
• Pre-empt tenant requests for alternative deal structures and provide recommendations on the most appropriate outcome based on detailed financial analysis/modelling
Active Marketing and Tenant Engagement
• Recommend, initiate and manage marketing campaigns
• Liaise with graphic designers and marketing professionals to prepare detailed market engagement strategies
• Manage direct mailout campaigns, conduct follow-up and report feedback for client review and discussion
• Prepare leasing memorandums and drive the process of information gathering, analysis, composition, review, signoff and distribution
• Determine likely tenant profiles/target tenants (by industry group and/or lease expiry date) and prepare direct canvassing/marketing lists
• Engage with tenant advisory firms and other agency/brokers by hosting onsite leasing functions
• Send regular property updates advertising and promoting assigned properties to tenant advisors, brokerage community and end users
Inspections, Negotiations, Recommendations and Documentation
• Qualify tenant enquiries and host inspections actively selling property amenities, features and benefits
• Drive lease negotiations, prepare detailed financial leasing proposals and provide recommendations to clients supported with detailed analysis and benchmarking
• Secure executed leasing proposal, assist with legal briefings and review draft lease documents, providing relevant commercial advice