Tim du Temple
AAPI, AssocRICS, B.Bus, MBA
National Director | Debt Advisory
An entrepreneurial real estate capital professional whose career has spanned over 20 years in Australia, United Kingdom and more recently throughout the Asia Pacific region.
Career has concentrated on structured debt and principal investment transactions via both balance sheet and 3rd party capital with over $3.0bn of real estate funding being completed.
Core strengths include capital structuring and access to a broad spectrum of 3rd party debt and equity capital from a global and domestic network of institutional, corporate and private capital.
Corporate experience includes chartered surveying, debt capital advisory, real estate finance, strucutred real estate finance investment bank, and running own real estate capital business.
- $60m senior debt deal – A grade office in Canberra funded by MetLife for Prime Super;
- $180m senior debt deal – A grade office in Parramatta funded by MetLife for Brookfield Partners;
- $57m senior debt deal – portfolio of 3 industrial assets funded by NAB on behalf of CBRE Global Investors;
- $54m senior debt deal – A/B grade office asset in Melbourne funded by ING on behalf of Deutsche Bank Asset Management.
- Established real estate capital mandates with a selection of global investment banks and private equity firms.
- On behalf of Goldman Sachs Special Situations Group originated and negotiated the following transactions:
- A $160m stretch senior construction facility to fund a 400-unit residential development in Sydney being undertaken by an ASX listed property developer;
- Cornerstone equity investment to establish a domestic industrial platform (Propertylink) that acquired over 40 assets with AUM of +$1bn. Total equity investment +$200m;
- $180m stretch senior debt facility secured over 18 commercial office assets (did not proceed).
- Arranged $200m of sub-ordinated debt for the under-bidder of a +$1bn industrial portfolio acquisition
- Part of deal team to purchase $230m of distressed corporate and project debt;
- Undertook mandate to arrange $150m of equity from Asian private equity fund;
- Funded $115m debt facility for Federal Government pre-committed office building;
- JV investment in land subdivision with developer ($250m gross value, $11.5m profit);
- JV investment in Sydney CBD strata office building development ($24m gross value);
- Arranged $42m debt facility for International Hotel investor;
- Originated and lead deal team on $90m refinance of impaired debt facility;
- Managed and restructured $200m of impaired property loans.
WARWICK BUSINESS SCHOOL Warwick, UK
Master of Business Administration (MBA) 1998-99
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN SYDNEY Sydney
Bachelor of Business (Land Economy) 1989-91
SECURITIES INSTITUTE OF AUSTRALIA Sydney
Certificate in Financial Markets 1990-92
Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
Associate member (MRICS)
Australian Property Institute
Associate member (AAPI)
Property Industry Foundation
Past Board of Advisors and Chairman of Beneficiary Review Committee
Director | Debt Advisory
A highly motivated, technically sound finance professional with over 11 years’ direct experience in structured real estate finance and infrastructure development and investment.
Experience has focused on competitive tendering for and transaction management of small to midsize social infrastructure developments and investments as well as the arrangement and provision of structured real estate development and finance to private, corporate and institutional clients.
Core strengths include establishing rapport and relationships with clients and capital partners ensuring service expectations are met and exceeded; bid management and transaction coordination; transaction structuring; analysing, assessing and mitigating transaction risks; submission preparation and compilation; and commercial negotiations.