Director, Industrial Advisory
David joined Colliers International in 2012 with our Real Estate Management working on the Goodstart Early Learning portfolio which comprised 660 properties nationally.
In 2013, he then transitioned across to the Occupier Services business and commenced working on the ME Bank account as a Portfolio Manager where he collocated with the client at their offices. In this time David was responsible for overseeing all property related matters which including leasing activity, project services work and the day-to-day property management.
His current role as a Director in Occupier Services sees him specialising in corporate consultancy and transactional management for large multinational corporate organisations, ultimately acting as an extension of their business. It involves undertaking global leasing transactions including relocations, lease renewals, lease surrenders and make good negotiations as well as some property sales/purchasing on behalf of a number of clients.
For his performance in 2018, David was recognised as an ‘Outstanding Revenue Achiever’. This is awarded to individuals who, through dedication in developing their expertise, client engagement, service excellence and collaboration are acknowledged as the highest achievers nationally in the Colliers Australian Awards of Excellence.
David is considered a market expert in Industrial Advisory within the Colliers business nationally, with a strong commitment to delivering the best solution for all his clients.
Transaction highlights include:
- Coles – 7,300sqm prelease (Truganina, Vic)
- AutoPacific Group - 25,200sqm lease renewal (Keyborough, Vic)
- Orora – 14,600sqm prelease (Erskine Park, NSW), 8,400 prelease (Pemulwuy, NSW), 8,300sqm prelease (Truganina, Vic) & 20,000sqm acquisition (Gawler, SA)
- Amcor – 11,600sqm lease renewal (Acacia Ridge, Qld) & 15,000sqm lease renewal (Mangere, NZ)
- Scalzo Food Industries – 35,300sqm prelease (Ravenhall, Vic)
- Nippon Express – 19,000sqm prelease (Truganina, Vic) & 6,000sqm lease (Truganina, Vic)
- GEA – 6,100sqm prelease (Melbourne Airport, Vic)
- GE International - 1,530sqm office lease (North Melbourne, Vic)
- Ascender - 1,503sqm office lease (Southbank, Vic)
- Orora - 4,358 office lease renewal (Hawthorn, Vic)
- Amcor - 1,310 office lease (Southbank, Vic)
- Select Owners Corp - 1,031sqm office lease (East Kew, Vic)
- Delaware North - 997sqm office lease (Docklands, Vic)
- Arconic Inc. - 4,300sqm lease renewal (Clayton, Vic) & 3,800sqm lease renewal (Sunshine, Vic)
- Prima Prining - 4,500sqm acquisition (Noble Park, Vic)
- John Deere - 37,800sqm lease (Derrimut, Vic)
- Verifone - 4,600sqm lease (Tullamarine, Vic) & 617sqm office lease (Essendon, Vic)
- Scania - 10,900sqm site lease renewal (Dandenong South, Vic)
Awarded 'Outstanding Revenue Achiever' 2018
Bachelor of Property and Construction (The University of Melbourne)
Bachelor of Planning and Design (The University of Melbourne)
Memberships & Involvements
Real Estate Institute of Victoria
GEA, Nippon Express, Orora Limited, Amcor, Delaware North, Arconic Inc., Gilbarco Veeder-Root, Flextronics, Beijer Ref Australia, Scalzo Food Industries
Colliers international have been a great partner to the Bank since inception of the relationship. The responsiveness, technical expertise and customer service has been exceptional. We look forward to building on the great start to further utilise Colliers for lease management, project management and indirect cost management. We look forward to implementing an efficient property management solution of the next couple of months. To that point, David Follacchio has been a great ambassador for Colliers and on a day-to-day operational level and developing a very solid profile of Colliers within the Bank. He is well presented, focused and understands the need to build strong working relationships across the business. In a short timeframe, he has understood ME Banks needs and is now partnering with me to work through building forward planning practices to ensure greater efficiency. I look forward to working with him to improve our property management service offering.
- ME Bank National Procurement & Property Manager