Head of Agribusiness
Alex and his team specialise in the the provision of valuation and consultancy services to the rural and agribusiness sector on a national and international basis. They have specific skills in the wine, forestry, agriculture, horticulture, fisheries/aquaculture and large scale grazing and cropping sectors. The team also has plant and machinery qualifications, and deal with complex and specialised assets including large multi-jurisdictional portfolios on a regular basis.
National Director | Valuation & Advisory Services | Agribusiness
Nick has specialist knowledge in the valuation of complex Rural and Agribusiness assets across Australia. He commenced working with Colliers International in 2007 in Adelaide and moved to Melbourne in 2014 to grow the Victorian division. Nick has specialist knowledge in the valuation of the Southern Murray Darling Basin water markets, Wine Industry, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and leased agricultural assets.
Associate Director | Valuation & Advisory Services | Agribusiness
I commenced employment with the company in May 2012 and works within the Agribusiness Division. I have a rural background and have continued involvement on my family’s 1,000 cow dairy farm in Gippsland, Victoria.
I have experience in a wide range of valuation applications including all classes of rural property for asset, mortgage, pre-purchase and pre-sale purposes.
In the past I have undertaken valuations for a range of rural clients including private investors, corporate farmers and Investment Funds across a range of asset types, including dairy, grazing, cropping and irrigation, viticultural and forestry properties across Australia and New Zealand.
Senior Valuer, Agribusiness | Valuation & Advisory Services
- Began employment (December 2012) at Valuer-General Victoria as a Trainee Valuer, rotating through various teams in the office as part of the ‘Trainee Valuer Scheme.’
- Involvement with the ‘East/West Link’ Project, gaining basic acquisition/compensation experience and exposure as an Assistant Valuer (January 2014). Specifically, field work as part of the ‘Voluntary Purchase Scheme.’
- Involvement in the Rating Authority- Valuations (RAV) team: exposure to councils, rating and taxation, including valuations, supplementary valuations and the objections process.
- Major involvement in the ‘Melbourne Metro Rail’ Project, predominantly in a junior project management role, with the aim of delivery of estimates to the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority. Included assisting valuation firms from quotation through to final delivery as a direct link to the Client.
- Within the Financial Reporting team: major involvement in the review of the Melbourne Metro Fire Brigade’s core and non-core asset portfolio for financial reporting purposes, as well as clients such as the State Emergency Service (SES), Parks Victoria, The Department of Education and The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
- Involvement with both market and rental valuations of industrial office/warehouse facilities and office tenancies on behalf of potential government tenants.
- Involvement with the market valuation of various suburban and outer-suburban development sites and basic feasibility analysis.
- Major involvement with the Level Crossing Removal Authority’s ‘Voluntary Purchase Scheme,’ in Carnegie, Murrumbeena and Glenroy; specifically, residential properties, which enabled significant exposure to a ‘conference’ scenario with both the ‘check’ and owner’s valuer(s).
- Major involvement with the ‘North East Link’ Project’s estimates of value, predominantly in a project management role, like that of Melbourne Metro Rail.
- Involvement with the West Gate Tunnel Authority’s negotiated purchases in Yarraville; specifically, residential properties, which will enable exposure to a ‘conference’ scenario with both the ‘check’ and owner’s valuer(s).
- Commenced with Colliers as part of the Victorian Agribusiness team (Valuations).
Assistant Valuer | Valuation & Advisory Services
Amy has specialist knowledge in the valuation of Wine Industry, Beef, Horticultural, Forestry, Dairy, Water and leased agricultural assets. She commenced her career with Colliers International as a Graduate in February 2018, having completed a Bachelor of Property and Real Estate (Major in Management) at Deakin University.
In October 2018, Amy successfully transitioned from Graduate to Assistant Valuer within the Agribusiness team based in Melbourne, Victoria. Amy is currently gaining CPV accreditation and is due to be qualified by 2020.