Colliers International’s new Research and Insights 2018/2019 report for PBSA – The Graduation of a Sector – found several key changes for the industry going forward, including:
- The challenges of providing affordable accommodation offerings, including considering new locations;
- The diversification of room types provided within new developments;
- The transition from development to operational assets and the unique challenges of providing a housing solution for hundreds of students within a single building;
- Proposed MIT changes and the potential impact on investor appetite; and,
- New retail and mixed-use offerings within developments to further drive the attraction and retention of students.