Colliers is committed to ensuring digital accessibility on colliers.com and corporate.colliers.com for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the site visitor experience for everyone, and applying relevant accessibility standards.
How can we help?
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any accessibility feedback or questions.
Colliers aims to respond to your accessibility inquiry within 3 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
You can escalate your inquiry if you are dissatisfied with our response to you.
Our efforts to support accessibility
Colliers takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of this website:
- We partnered with Deque Systems Inc, trusted accessibility experts, to audit colliers.com and validate remediation work to comply with applicable accessibility guidelines.
- We appointed an accessibility officer.
- We provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- We assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- We take an accessibility-by-design approach for any new design and development.
- And, we employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
The Colliers global website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard. See known limitations of this website below.
Summary of accessibility features
- Images and other non-text elements have alternative text associated with them.
- Navigational aids are provided on all pages. Skip navigation links have been incorporated to facilitate keyboard navigation and to bypass groups of links on a page and jump directly to main content.
- The title attribute has been used to make linked text more meaningful or to indicate if the link opens a new browser window.
- Structural markup to indicate headings and lists has been provided to aid in page comprehension.
- Forms are associated with labels and instructions on filling in forms are available to screen reader users.
- Colors have been designed to provide adequate contrast.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
This website is designed to be compatible with the most widely used web browsers (in their current version minus two): Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Edge, Opera.
As of January 12, 2016, Microsoft ended support for Internet Explorer browsers older than IE 11 and IE 11 is the last version of this browser. Therefore, we only support Internet Explorer 11 to the best of our ability given its age and limitations.
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Known limitations of this website
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of this website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations.
Some third-party content, such as YouTube videos, Vimeo videos, and Google Maps may not be fully accessible. For example, some actions on that content may not be available using the keyboard alone. Third-party content can provide a rich website visitor experience, but Colliers has no control over functional elements of that content.
Colliers website content editors are trained to add as many accessibility features as possible to third-party content, such as captions or transcriptions, but they have no control over functional elements such as buttons or sliders.
Internet Explorer 11 does not handle color contrast efficiently so you may notice issues if you use that browser version.
Some accessibility features need to be phased-in over time or they are dependent on other features, which may mean some of the colliers.com content is not yet accessible. For example, if the content management system needs to be upgraded, there may be new accessibility issues introduced which can only be fixed after the upgrade.
Our accessibility-by-design approach attempts to manage any new issues introduced over time. But if you encounter a technical issue when visiting colliers.com, please contact us.
Colliers assessed the accessibility of this website through an external audit and post-remediation validation by Deque Systems, Inc.
Colliers also engages in a formal and continual quality assurance process throughout the design and development process of this website.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by Colliers Vice President, Legal Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
Last updated: March 2021