National Director, Transaction Services | Rural & Agribusiness
Duncan is a National Director within the Agribusiness Transactions Services team, with a background steeped in corporate advisory and restructure over a broad range of industry sectors, in particular property and agribusiness.
He has wide experience and a substantial record of achievement in optimising value and implementing practical divestment solutions in the sale of large-scale rural landholdings and businesses across all industry sectors, including but not limited to livestock, dairy, irrigated and dryland cropping, horticulture, viticulture and forestry.
This includes specialist knowledge from initial assessment, sale strategy and marketing, price maximisation, negotiation, evaluation of highest and best offers and management of contract execution.
Duncan is based in Colliers International’s Melbourne office, responsible for the disposal of assets across Victoria, Tasmania and Southern New South Wales.
- Sale of the Sustainable Agriculture Fund (various locations) for circa $185 million.
- Sale of Kia Ora and Clyde in St. George, Queensland for circa $95 million.
- Sale of Norman Farming in Toobeah, Queensland for $105 million.
- Sale of Woolbrook in Teesdale, Victoria for $20 million.
- Sale of Yarunga Station and Fontainebleu in Savernake, NSW for $9.65 million.
- Sale of Billabong and Murray Gwynne in Mulwala, NSW for circa $20 million.
- Sale of Forest Farm and The Avenue and Parkham in Parkham, Tasmania for $23.5 million.
- Sale of Cairn Curran in Baringhup, Victoria for $13.1 million.
- Sale of Kaladbro Station in Strathdownie, Victoria for $24 million.
- Sale of Naringal Station in Wallinduc, Victoria for circa $17 million.
- Sale of the Frances Farm Portfolio (various locations) for $13 million.
- Sale of the Demeter Farming Portfolio in Skipton, Victoria for $29.1 million.
- Sale of Doogallook, Terangaville and Eaglehawk in Yea, Victoria for circa $19 million.
- Sale of Morning Star Estate in Mt Eliza, Victoria for $36.2 million.
- Sale of Chintin Grange in Darraweit Guim, Victoria for $11 million.
- Sale of the AFPT Timberland Portfolio in Tasmania for $40 million.
- Sale of Petabern Dairies in Undera, Victoria for $11.6 million.
- Sale of Cheviot Hills in Penshurst, Victoria for $10.25 million.
- Sale and Leaseback of the Nicoletti Group Portfolio in Merredin, Western Australia for $35 million.
- Sale of Lactanz Dairies in Scott River East, Western Australia for $30 million.
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Member – Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Fellow – Financial Services Institute of Australasia
- Member – Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Accredited Agent’s Representative – VIC, TAS, NSW, SA, WA & QLD
National Director, Transaction Services | Agribusiness
James is a National Director within the Agribusiness Transaction Services business line, with over seven years’ experience in the divestment of large scale rural holdings across all asset classes.
He has an extensive background in marketing and sales strategy, having successfully transacted several properties across various agricultural commodities, including livestock, dairy, irrigated and dryland cropping, horticulture and viticulture, to name but a few.
James is based in Colliers International’s Sydney office, responsible for the disposal of assets across New South Wales and throughout Australia.