Director, Development Sites | Residential
Hamish joined Colliers in 2011. In his role as Director, he is focused on leading the Metropolitan Development Site Sales division.
With more than 14 years’ experience, Hamish has built strong relationships with Melbourne’s most active developers, consultants, and industry stakeholders.
He has a long list of high-profile clients, including large private local and international companies, boutique developers, government departments, institutions and adjoining landowners.
Hamish has managed more than $1.5billion worth of site transactions in the past 5 years, this is evidence of his ability to create and execute innovative sales and marketing strategies.
With superior negotiating skills, Hamish continues to achieve exceptional results for his clients and has achieved landmark sales in the suburban market such as the CSIRO site at 37 Graham Road, Highett for $90million. Some of his highlight 2021 transactions include sale of 62-94 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave for $30million+, the sale of 52 Golf Road, Oakleigh South for $30million+ and the sale of 81a Bell Street, Coburg $21million.
Hamish is known for his strategic advice and ability to guide his clients to maximise their return on investment.
With in-depth knowledge of the development market, Hamish has experience spanning townhouse and apartment developments, aged care, retirement living and build-to-rent.
“I have always approached my role with a client-first mindset. This focus has stood me in good stead over the past 10 years at Colliers and I have many enduring relationships with clients as a result.
Furthermore as a team we have been proud to maintain 50% market share across the Metro Development Site Sales market in 2021” – Hamish Burgess
About Colliers Residential Victoria
For over 20 years, Colliers Residential Victoria has been a leading force within the residential property industry, offering clients access to global networks and an unrivalled level of experience and knowledge. With expertise spanning Build-to-sell & Project Marketing, Build-to-rent, Development Site Sales, Research and Strategic Advisory, the business has been involved in Melbourne’s largest, most defining projects. Colliers Residential Victoria has represented hundreds of developer clients, sold more than $20billion worth of apartments, helped pioneer the Build-to-rent sector and maintained the number 1 position in the Development Sites market with more than 30% market share.
Some significant recent professional accomplishments Include:
- 84-96 Bastings Street, Northcote - Undisclosed: Infill townhouse site
- 10 Ballarat Street, Brunswick - $16,500,000: Permitted for 163 apartments and sold to a BTR developer
- 62-94 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave - $30,080,000 Infill site of 4.6Ha suitable for Retirement Living and Aged Care
- 44-60 Jacksons Road, Mulgrave - Infill 2ha site suitable for townhosue development
- 699 Park Street, Parkville - Undisclosed: Major park fronting site of 6,496m² suitable for a highe end residential development
- 19-25 Oakwood Avenue, Brighton - $15,500,000: Two adjoining house blocks sold as a luxury development site
- 81a Bell Street, Coburg - $21,000,000: Unpermitted 11,992m² site suitable for 450+ apartments
- 677 The Boulevard, Eaglemont - $16,600,000: 9,020m² site with a free standing office building
- 1 Kent Road & 24 Durham Road, Surrey Hills - Undisclosed: 9,147m² residential site with heritate improvements
- 15-31 Hay Street, Box Hill - $61,000,000: Major 5Ha infill development site
- 96-100 Oriel Road, Bellfield - Undisclosed: 2.2Ha infill development site
- 72 Ascot Vale Road, Flemington - $10,875,000: Permitted apartment site for 125 units
- 37 Graham Road, Highett - $90,000,000: Major infill development site of 9.3Ha suitbale for 500+ dwellings.
- 104-120 Mount Street, Heidelberg - $11,400,000: Permitted for 120 apartments.
- 152 Stanley Road, Keysborough - $12,000,000+ Permitted for a 40 lot subdivision and suitable for townhouses.
- 56 Kingloch Parade, Wantirna - $9,709,000: 1.25Ha unpermitted townhouse develoment site.
- Corner Male and Black Streets, Brighton - $14,000,000+ Three adjoining house blocks in Brighton.
- Armadale Consolidated Site - $8,858,000: Three adjoining house blocks on Wattletree Road, Armadale.
- Revitalising Cenral Dandenong EOI - 2Ha Major Activity Centre Portfolio.
- 271 Bridge Road, Richmond - $54,000,000: 1.4Ha inner city land parcil with a permit for 300+ dwellings and a full line supermarket.
- 378-390 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy - $8,130,000: Inner city site with a permit for 69 apartments.
- 235 Balaclava Road, Cauifleld North - $8,100,000: Luxury apartment site overlooking a park.
- 135 Sturt Street, Southbank - $28,000,000: Permit approved city fringe site for 206 apartments.
- 7-9 High Road, Camberwell - $17,600,000: Luxury townhouse site.
- 711 Station Street, Box Hill - $29,000,000: Box HIll Activity Centre Site.
- 845 Whitehorse Road, Box HIll - $46,000,000: Permit approved for 515 apartments within the Box HIll Activity Centre.
- 550 Epsom Road, Flemington - $33,000,000+: 1Ha development adjacent to the Flemington Racecourse, on behalf of the VRC.
- 68 Buckhurst Street, South Melbourne - $61,888,888: Permit approved city fringe site for 1,004 apartments.
- 600 Doncaster Road, Doncaster - $16,350,000: Permitted residetnial development site in the Doncaster Hill precinct. Record Unit rate achieved in that precinct.
- 200 Sydney Road, Coburg - $13,200,000: Permitted mixed use development site in the Coburg Activity Centre.
- 385-387 Wattletree Road, Malvern East - $12,650,000 - Un-permitted development site fronting onto Central park.
- 150 Arthurton Road, Northcote - $13,450,000: Un-permitted mixed use development site that had recently been rezoned.
- 103-105 High Street, Prahran - $10,000,000: Permitted development site sold for a record land rate in the Stonning municipality (excluding Forrest Hill) of $11,765/m².
- 1-11 Quinton Road, Camberwell - $15,700,000: Permitted development sold for a staggering unit rate of $196,250.
- 11 Whitehall Street, Footscray - In excess of $17,500,000: Former industrial facility sold as a residential development site.
Bachelor of Business (Property) RMIT (2008)
Estate Master Development Feasibility (2008)
Agents Representative Course - Victoria (2007)
Geelong Grammar School (2004)
A selection of clients are listed below:
SP Setia, Everbright, Regis, OAC, BHC, Stockland, Urbis, PPB, Korda Mentha, Department of Treasury and Finance, Banco, Alpha 14, Mirvac, HLB Mann Judd, Jam Architects, Healey & Co.
Meat Eng - Anne Harvey
"You were discerning enough to understand the unique requirements of our business and deliver value by not only finding the perfect position but also the perfect internal fitout for us..."
Department of Treasury and Finance - Brian Dee
"I have no hesitation in recommending the real estate services of Colliers International and would welcome the opportunity to work with you again..."