State Director - Victoria | Engineering & Design
Karl is a Chartered Practicing Engineer with more than 30 years of experience across a broad range of residential, commercial, and industrial subdivisions and civil infrastructure projects. His strength is in the planning, design and project management and delivery of large-scale subdivisions as well as preparing and verifying development costing and feasibilities.
Clients see Karl as a trusted advisor with significant experience and solid working relationships with the relevant approval authorities. They also benefit from his results-driven approach and desire to seek innovative and sustainable solutions. His recent projects have included:
• Sinclair Heights (Sekhon) – 250 lot residential subdivision. First development in catchment and required innovative stormwater pump system to protect DEWLP grasslands, sewer pumpstation and significant shared road works costs managed via Escrow accounts.
• Beveridge Central (Beveridge Landowner Group) - Coordination servicing strategy for 8 landowner groups comprising over 2000 lots including $15m of external road upgrades, main drainage works, branch sewer works and trunk watermain works.
• Rockdale Estate, (Horizon Group) – 200 lot residential subdivision. Paynes Rd Rockbank, (Sector Advantage) – Prepared due diligence advice for acquisition and development of 600 lots.
• Maples Estate Greenvale, (Pask Group) – Initial feasibility and servicing advice for acquisition of 500 lot residential site over multiple properties.
• Woodlands Edge Wallan, (Metro Properties) – Feasibility, costing and permit negotiations for a 560-lot residential subdivision
• 2021 – present: State Director, Victoria | Engineering & Design
• 2015 – 2021: Managing Director, LD Eng
• 2011 – 2015: Manager Business Development, Calibre Consulting
• 1999 – 2011: Manager & Director Urban Development, Calibre Consulting
• 1994 – 1999: Executive Engineer, Spiire
• 1993 – 1995: Training Coordinator, Geocomp Systems
• 1989 – 1993: Design Engineer, WBCM Group
2012 Melbourne Water UDIA Consultant of the Year for Stormwater Management
Memberships & Involvements
• Member of the Institution of Engineers Australia (MIEAust)
• Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng)
• National Engineering Register (NER)
• Registered Building Practitioner APEC Engineer Register