Director - Water & Environment | Engineering & Design
Kelly is a Water Resources Engineer with over 19 years’ experience in surface water management, water supply and wastewater engineering working for both public and private organisations. Kelly’s experience has been gained across the urban environment, industrial, mining and energy sectors in projects which range from prefeasibility and impact assessment to detailed design. This includes experience in surface water assessment, flood studies, stormwater management plans, dam break and consequence assessment, hazardous dam assessments, water balance modelling and groundwater assessment. In addition, Kelly has worked in water supply and wastewater planning, and water treatment.
Kelly has experience in the following modelling packages; XP-RAFTS, WBMN, XP-SWMM/XP-STORM, HEC-RAS, TUFLOW, MIKE, WaterRIDE, GOLDSIM/OPSIM, GIS packages and MUSIC.
Her recent projects include:
• APLNG Environmental Impact Study, Surat Basin (APLNG) – Management of the surface water investigation associated with the proposed coal bed methane development across the Surat Basin.
• Fosterville Gold Mine Hydraulic Assessment - Hydrologic and hydraulic investigation of a watercourse adjacent to a proposed tailings dam upgrade.
• Lyon Solar Farm Hydrologic Assessments - Preliminary assessment and characterisation of hydrologic conditions for two potential solar farm sites within Victoria and South Australia.
• Peak Downs Mine Consequence Category Assessment (BMA) – Consequence Category Assessment of the Old Tailings Dam and Airfields Tailings Dam at Peak Downs Mine completed in accordance with DES guideline, ANCOLD and Canadian Dams Association Guideline.
• Mt Isa Mines, Black Star Open Cut - Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis associated with the reshape of overburden dumps at Black Star Open Cut.
• 2019-present: Director, Water & Environment | Engineering & Design
• 2011-2019: Director, AquaIntel
• 2017-2019: Principal Engineer/ Lead - Water Resources, Advisian
• 2011-2015: Senior Water Resources Engineer, Streamline Hydro
• 2009-2011: Senior Water Engineer, WorleyParsons
• 2007-2008: Location Manager, WorleyParsons
• 2006-2007: Manager – Water Resources & Mining, JWP
• 2005-2006: Senior Water Resources Engineer, JWP
• 2000-2005: Various Graduate Engineer positions
Memberships & Involvements
• Member IEAust