Director | Capital Markets & Investment Services
As a leader of the ACT Investment Services and Capital Markets team, Matthew specialises in the sale of CBD and Metro Office, Strata Office, Retail and Premium Investment assets. Matthew has positioned himself and his team at the forefront of the Canberra market, achieving over 50% market share in the past two years and transacting over $500m in office sales. His efforts have earnt the Colliers Canberra team the title of REIACT Commercial agency of the year for 2017, 2018 and 2019 as well as REIA Commercial Agency of the year 2019. In 2020, as part of the Canberra agency team, Matthew and colleagues were inducted into the REIACT Hall of Fame.
Matthew collaborates as part of the National Investment Services team and is a key decision-maker within:
· Premium Investments Practice Group
· Strata Practice Group
· Middle Markets Office initiative
· Restructuring Property Services team where he is the ACT team leader
He values his investment in relationships, and partners with private and institutional clients locally, nationally and internationally (through local travel to Asia). This enables him to deliver enduring value to any property appointment acting with integrity and discretion.
Critical to his success is his ability to extract the maximum sale price for his clients, even in challenging market conditions. By combining the right expertise, market experience and connections, he has developed a strategy to maximise the potential of property to drive exceptional results.
· Colliers International 'ACT Employee of the Year' 2019
· REIACT Commercial agency of the year for 2017, 2018 and 2019. REIA Commercial Agency of the year 2019. REIACT Hall of Fame 2020
· Nominated for ACT Commercial Agent of the Year for 2019 & 2020
· Australian Investment Showcase Participant
· APAC Academy Attendee 2017
· 2014 Commercial Agent of the Year at former commercial agency
Major sales include:
· OFFICE | 1 Thynne Street, Bruce ($39.3m)
· OFFICE | Garema Court, City ($71.5m)
· OFFICE | 16-18 Mort Street, City ($108.5m)
· OFFICE | 10 Moore Street, City ($35m)
· OFFICE | 56 Chandler Street, Belconnen ($8m)
· OFFICE | 18 Honeysuckle Drive, Newcastle ($52.2m)
· OFFICE | 14 Moore Street ($59m)
· OFFICE | 17 Moore Street ($20.65m)
· OFFICE | 165 Canberra Avenue, Fyshwick ($11.5m)
· OFFICE/RETAIL | Woden Centre, Phillip ($8.155m).
- Year 12 Tertiary Certificate - St Edmunds College, Canberra
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance & International Business) - Australian National University
Matthew graduated from the ANU in 2012 with a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance and International Business). He finished his degree in England whilst playing semi-professional cricket in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, UK and moved back to Canberra in 2013. After starting a career in commercial property at another Canberra agency he joined Colliers International in May 2015.
Memberships & Involvements
* Property Council of Australia - ACT Economic and Infrastructure Committee
* Institutional clients
* Local and interstate private clients
* Local developers such as Morris Property Group, Doma Group, APG
“I recently sold a commercial property through Matthew and cannot fault the professional, first-class service that he and his team provided. Matthew achieved an excellent result at auction for me; that went above and beyond what I could have ever expected”.
MLM Admin Pty Ltd
State Chief Executive , ACT
Valuation & Advisory Services
As the State Chief Executive Officer of the Canberra office I am part of the Senior Leadership Team of the Australian business. I currently run our National Government Services business and the agency business in the ACT.
I have been intimately involved in the development sector of the market for the past 30 years and consulted on more than 500 office and residential projects, with a major focus on institutional grade assets.
My experience in the office pre-commitment market is highlighted by my involvement in the delivery of the DoHA, DIMIA, DEEWR, Centrelink and Industry buildings, totalling in excess of 250,000sqm NLA. Other major projects I have been involved in include the new Human Services building in Greenway ACT (26,000sqm), ATO building in Albury NSW, ATO buiilding in Chermside QLD and National Archives building in Mitchell, ACT
I am advisor to the ACT Government (Australian Forum/City to Lake) and advisor to council members of the Australian National University Investment Fund. Through my GST knowledge I heavily influenced reforms on the Tax legislation on the margin scheme.
Senior Team Assistant | Capital Markets, Investment Services & Office Leasing
Jessica accelerates the success of clients through innovative marketing initiatives with a digital focus. Jessica is also responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies and managing end-to-end marketing campaigns across residential projects and development site sales.
Jessica is also responsible for generating week by week and end of month marketing reports for her clients. Jessica works in close partnership with all parties involved in bringing a project and campaign to life.
Samuel has a strong background in the wider real estate industry, specifically Residential and Commercial Development. Through his past roles he has worked on Government as well as general property advisory matters and insolvency property matters. Samuel has worked on a number of transactions across New South Wales, Victoria and the Australian Capital Territory.
Samuel has strong relationships with a number of developers and builders both locally and interstate.