Associate Director | Strategic Advisory
Rebecca’s career at Colliers commenced in 2018 where she has held key roles within the Real Estate Management Finance team and the NSW Agribusiness Transaction Services and Valuations teams, before transitioning to the Strategic Advisory team. Throughout her tenure at Colliers, Rebecca has been exposed to all asset classes and has sound property knowledge.
As a core member of the Strategic Advisory team, Rebecca provides exceptional research and analysis and is focused on providing value through facilitating key client relationships and developing and delivering over-arching property strategies to accelerate the success of her clients. Rebecca provides expertise for a diverse range of projects for various clients including Government, Corporate, Institutional, Not-for-Profit, and private land holders across all asset classes and Australian geographies.
Rebecca has interests in GIS Mapping and Data and is currently leveraging her understanding of data analysis to build upon this skillset.
Outlined below are a sample of projects Rebecca has undertaken since joining Strategic Advisory:
- Highest and Best Use Assessment for a portfolio comprising 31 properties for Scouts NSW located in regional and metro NSW;
- Commercial Advisory Services for University of Canberra on the Bruce Campus Estate;
- Commercial Analysis and Master Plan Review of Sydney Olympic Park on behalf fof Sydney Olympic Park Authority;
- Commercial Analysis and Master Plan Review for 80 hectares (Stage 1) of the Western Sydney Lakes development in Western Sydney;
- Development of over-arching Portfolio Strategy for major Corporations including Qantas Airways Limited, Ausgrid and Westpac Banking Corporation;
- Provision of Expert Evidence and supporting data and market analysis in various compulsory acquisitions submitted to the Land and Environment Court;
- Market Advice on car-parking and retail requirement for Penrith City Council;
- Due Diligence Research and Analysis on behalf of an international Private Equity firm for the acquisition of a major Australian supermarket chain;
- Benchmarking Anaysis for a major four bank;
- Gap Analysis / Supply & Demand Analysis for the development of a Health Hub adjacent to a major hospital in New South Wales;
- Asset Repositioning and Transition Strategy for the decommissioning of major power stations in NSW and VIC;
- Value Uplift Capture Mechanism on behalf of Sydney Metro, covering all four Metro Lines (City & South West, West, Western Sydney Airport and Northwest);
- Commercial Assessment of four sites along the Parramatta Road corridor for Transport for NSW; and
- Various Market Studies for NSW Land and Housing Corporation.
Bachelor of Agricultural Economics (Major in Agribusiness; Major in Agricultural Economics), University of Sydney (USYD)
Memberships & Involvements
Certificate of Registration (NSW)
"Colliers Strategic Advisory team led by Rebecca Ngan and George Marton in late 2020 provided SOPA a Commercial Analysis and Master Plan Review of Sydney Olympic Park. The team delivered an outstanding, comprehensive report detailing real, practical and actionable advice on the implications of the Master Plan and as such provoked necessary internal discussions regarding the Master Plan. As part of the project, the team sought consultation and feedback from broader Olympic Park stakeholders – both public and private – and took this into consideration when delivering final recommendations. SOPA would recommend Colliers Strategic Advisory as leading real estate advisors."
- Sam Romaniuk – CEO, Sydney Olympic Park Authority - 2020.
Director | Strategic Advisory
My early career was in Banking and later in trading with a Japanese Trading House where I imported equipment, established distributorships as well as providied financing for importers of our products. My entry into property was through the funding of real estate development projects with the Japanese Trading Houses and General Contractors. In this role I became the financial project manager and asset manager of over 40 commercial, retail, industrial and residential projects throughout Australia.
This opened the opportunities for development management, portfolio management, project marketing, feasibility studies and strategic analysis and in conjunction with my business partner we established a property consultancy, which we operated succesfully for over 20 years servicing our Japanese clients as well as government and private clients. I joined Colliers in 2015 when my business partner retired.
Managing Director | Valuation & Advisory Services, Strategic Advisory & Healthcare & Retirement Living
I am responsible for the oversight and management of Valuation & Advisory Services; Strategic Advisory & Healthcare & Retirement Living businesses in Australia. Ensuring Colliers remains best in class providers in their respective markets.
Managing Director, Valuation & Advisory Services 2013 - Present
National Director, CBD Commercial Valuation, Sydney CBD Office 2006 - 2013
State Director, Consultancy and Valuation, Sydney CBD Office 2003 - 2006
Associate Director, Sydney CBD Office 2002 - 2003
Senior Valuer, Sydney CBD Office 1998 - 1999
Valuer, Sydney West Office 1995 – 1998
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS | OFFICE VALUATION & ADVISORY
Some of the more prominent clients that I regularly undertake national valuation appointments from include The GPT Group, AMP Capital Investors, DEXUS, Brookfield, and Lendlease.
Some of my more recent valuation instructions of Premium and A grade commercial office assets undertaken are as follows:-
‘Governor Phillip’ & ‘Governor Macquarie Towers’, 1 Farrer Place, Sydney
‘RBS Tower @ Aurora Place’, 88 Phillip Street, Sydney
‘Darling Park’, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney
‘Grosvenor Place’, 225 George Street, Sydney
1 Bligh Street, Sydney
120 Collins Street, Melbourne
530 Collins Street, Melbourne
8 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
‘Bourke Place’, 600 Bourke Street, Melbourne
One One One Eagle Street, Brisbane
1 William Street, Brisbane
Central Plaza I, II & III, Brisbane
‘Bankwest Tower’, 108 St Georges Terrace, Perth
‘Brookfield Place', 125 St Georges Terrace, Perth
‘Ernst & Young Centre’, 12 Mounts Bay Road, Perth
Prior to joining Colliers, I worked within the Research Department of the Property Council of Australia (PCA), then with a boutique firm of Valuers & Land Economists, where I was involved in the valuation of residential property predominantly for first mortgage security purposes, as well as commercial and retail rental advice.
Head of Strategic Advisory | Australia
Matt leads our national Strategic Advisory team, working with clients nationally but with a particular focus on the Queensland market. Matt joins us from Stockland where he was the Head of Strategy and Research. Matt brings a deep understanding of the economic drivers of residential and commercial property markets and applies this to all aspects of corporate and business level strategy development and execution.
Matt has deep expertise in data-based decision making and forecasting across all property sectors and as part of the Strategic Advisory team can assist your organisation to develop profitable long-term strategies and make portfolio and investment decisions based on the best data and insights.
Manager | Strategic Advisory
Ankit is a seasoned real estate professional with experience of working on diverse aspects of the real estate asset classes, with exposure to advisory, valuations, research, and data analysis with total post qualification experience of around 12 years.
As a consultant, he has advised prominent Developers, P.E. funds, Banks, Government entities as well as other stake holders of real estate sector on pivotal aspects such as:
Real Estate Data Analytics, Excel Modelling, Business Cases, Market Entry Strategy, Product Mix & Pricing Advisory, Financial Feasibilities, Highest & Best Use Studies, Bid Advisory, Demand Assessment, Market Sizing, etc.