National Director | Asia Markets
I am currently the National Director of Colliers International (Australia) Asia Markets team in the Investment Services department, and have worked for Colliers International for over 28 years. With the rise of Asian investments into Australia, my focus is to facilitate the needs of domestic and international Asian clients. I have an extensive experience working with the Chinese community, and work closely with my colleagues to introduce new international clients / buyers for our listings. As a senior operator, my role at Colliers International focusses on the Sydney CBD and metro surrounding area, specifically targeting the CBD South, Haymarket and Chinatown regions, where I work closely with my clients to achieve the best results for their properties. I have extremely strong networks with the local Chinese community and I assist and advise many Asian clients, investors and developers. I speak Cantonese and Mandarin fluently and frequently travel to Asia, such as Hong Kong, Macua, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Shanghai and Beijing.
I have extensive experience selling Sydney CBD and metro property, with a summary of my largest and most recent transactions as follows:
- 6 O'Connell Street Sydney (2019)- $315,000,000
- 845 Pacific Highway Chatswood (2019) $53,000,000
- 388 Sussex Street Haymarket (2019) $29,150,000
- T4, 6 Thread Lane Waterloo (2019) $7,100,000
- 62 Pitt Street Sydney (2019) $50,000,000
- 139 York Street Sydney (2019) $11,500,000
- Balmain 366 Darling Street (2019) $4,000,000
- Eastwood 340 Rowe Street (2019) $8,750,000
- 230 Sussex Street Sydney (2019) $12,500,000
- One Dixon Street Haymarket (2018) $24,000,000
- Keswick Island Mackay QLD (2018) Price Confidential
- Marrickville Addison and Philpott Roads (2018) $14,030,000
- 187 Thomas Street Haymarket (2018) $145,800,000
- 1-5 Railway Street, Chatswood (2017) - over $115,000,000
- 75 Pitt Street Sydfney (2017) $43,520,000
- 529 Kent Street Sydney (2017) $53,000,000
- 296 & Lot 1, 300 George Street, Sydney (2017) - $9,000,000
- 66 Druitt Street, Sydney (2016) - $4,050,000
- 73-79 The Crescent, Fairfield (2016) - $7,190,000
- 282-284 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood (2016) - $46,250,000
- 319,321-325 Sussex Street, Sydney (2016) - $21,350,000
- HSBC Building, 724-728 George Street, Sydney (2016) - $36,080,000
- Berry & Park Central, St. Leonards (2016) - $65,500,000
- 15 - 33 Parker Street, Sydney (2016) - $27,000,000
- 51-55 Salisbury Avenue, Kemps Creek (2015) - $14,500,000
- 101 Eton Road, Lindfield (2015) - $42,000,000
- 227-229 Forest Road, Hurstville (2015) - $18,000,000
Advanced Certificate of Real Estate ＆ Auctioneer
Memberships & Involvements
＂Member of the Lakes Golf Club, Member of Forestvill Tennis Club＂ Consultant for Aust. Chinese Econ. Trande ＆ Culture Association
Ping An Real Estate Company Ltd, Greenland Group, Fosun Property Holdings, New World China Land (Southern China), SHIM, AVIC International Holding Corporatioin, Guoao Holding Group Co., Ltd.
Asia Markets, Investment Services
Level 30 ,225 George Street
Sydney, NSW 2000
To Whom It May Concern,
RE: Mr Steam Leung, Colliers International
We have known Mr Steam Leung of Colliers International for over 20 years. We have seem him progress in his career and in the commercial real estate in Sydney over this period of time. To underline his professional ability and his experience in this field he has now truly established a presence in the industry.
Recently Steam Leung and his team in Colliers International conducted the sale of 724-728 George Street, Sydney which is a landmark building known as the HSBC Bank Building. We were the vendors of this property having owned it for over 30 years. In our dealings with Steam and his team, we have found tem to be thoroughly compentent, keeping us informed throughout the sales process. Also, Steam advised us the best sale process and the value-for-money media exposures. His team managed to show the property to a wide range of property players including investors, developers and fund managers. In the end, Steam Leung managed to acheive a result which met our expectations.
We commend Steam for his involvement in the sale of HSBC Bank Building, Sydney. We strongly recommend Steam and his team to if you are considering selling your property.
National Director | Asia Markets
Joseph is the National Director, Asia Markets based in the Sydney CBD Investment Services team. He has a key focus of working with Asian Ultra-High-Net-Worth investors and institutional capital partners, having previously facilitated multiple high-profile domestic and cross-border transactions in and from Asia.
Prior to joining Colliers International, Joseph was the Managing Director of CBRE Taiwan office where he led a team of 200 staffs across multiple business lines. Through his understanding of Asian clients' requirements in various stages of property ownership and his extensive management experiences across a range of expertise, Joseph has been the go-to-person for his Asian clients, connecting the right specialists to provide the best-in-class practices and expert advices and to deliver exceptional value for his clients.
With his unique skills in Architecture and Project Management, his exceptional experiences in international transactions and his language abilities in Mandarin, Cantonese and English, he has successfully facilitated the offshore and onshore Asian clients to expand and/or divest their real estate portfolio in Australia.