Associate Director | Facilities Management
Real Estate Management
Manage the continued development of the State Facilities Management business by providing leadership and managerial direction to the team. Ensure Colliers International’s procedures, systems and business direction is implemented to minimise risk to Colliers International, exceed client expectations and comply with our obligations as specified in our Management Agency Agreements, while generating a positive financial return to Colliers International.
- Provided fair, transparent and equitable solutions in business dealings and agreements, which are compliant and consistent with Colliers International’s policies, and assure Client’s solutions are congruent to project deliverables.
- Performed all duties in a professional, efficient & economical manner for all buildings / properties assigned to you as determined by my Manager.
- Established and build a strong relationship with the client (or clients). Seek to understand their requirements (both those that are documented in the management agreement, as well as those that are implied), and identifying opportunities to increase Colliers International’s business with them (both within REM, but also across the wider business).
- Identified new business opportunities (including opportunities to manage additional properties, generate consultancy or project management fees, as well as cross selling other Colliers International business lines).
- Lead (or assist with) the delivery of high quality submissions and presentations to Clients by communicating technical issues logically, clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- Promoted Colliers International and the services we offer throughout the market and promoted the Facilities Management team to other departments.
- Ensured that my team fulfill their individual responsibilities (as described in their Position Description)
- Provided leadership, managerial direction and personal encouragement to all of my team
- Facilitated regular meetings with operational staff in accordance with company requirements.
- Responsible for the effective management of all subordinates wages, overtime & annual leave requirements to ensure 100% recovery is achieved from our Clients.
- Facilitated team deliverables, and mitigate conflict, ensuring harmonious relationships are built and maintained with internal and external customers.
- Identified training requirements for all operational staff to encourage greater skill levels and training sessions that meet the needs of the business.
- Assisted with the training of all subordinates in the correct use of Colliers International software platforms.
- Assisted with the development of all subordinates knowledge with the greater awareness and use of sustainability policies and procedures in line with Client’s and Colliers International’s requirements.
- Completed performance reviews in accordance with Colliers International policy requirements for all subordinates and myself.
- Ensured service delivery in line with budget requirements to meet and exceed our Client’s
- Ensured sustainable business practices are implemented and introduced new initiatives.
- Assisted with the development and implementation of systems of work to ensured appropriate quality levels are established and maintained.
- Identified and assist with implementing process and system improvements within the department, using available resources, to ensure effective and efficient use.
- Provided input with development and improvement of our standard Facilities Management documentation to ensure these are relevant and compliant with legislation and industry standards.
- Established and document building knowledge and intellectual property to ensure resources are available to business partners and clients.
- Responsible for implementation of Colliers International sustainability initiatives to meet agreed individual KPIs.
- Assisted with the effective management of contractors through regular performance reviews in accordance with company guidelines
- Oversee the annual business planning (OPEX and CAPEX budgeting) process across the State
- Drove the Colliers International procurement process, ensuring that the size of the portfolio is leveraged in the market place.
- Ensured that all planned preventative maintenance programmes are clearly documented. Adopt standard procedures and tools to ensure transparency.
- Oversee all areas of risk to ensure that both Colliers International and its clients are effectively mitigated. Adopt standard procedures and tools to ensure transparency.
University of Technology, Sydney - Building Construction management
TAFE - Mechanical Engineering Technical