The 2022 Global Investor Outlook report is based on the results of a focused investor survey and in-depth interviews with our Capital Markets leaders across the world, exploring investor sentiment, strategies and the forces that will shape global real estate markets in 2022 and beyond.
Key global themes:
Global Capital is back! Investors are bullish on economic growth prospects for 2022.
- Tier-1 global markets of London, New York, Tokyo and Paris are at the top of investors’ wish-list.
- Core/core-plus offices are the top strategy pick for 2022.
- Investing with intent: Social and environmental trends are a clear priority for investors in 2022 and beyond. 75% of investors are integrating environmental considerations in their strategies.
- Partnership is key for investors as both a buying strategy and to diversify portfolios.
- 80% of investors cited rising construction costs as a major concern for 2022, but investors are positive on market fundamentals overall.
Key APAC themes:
2022 will be an exceptional year for APAC real estate investments.
- Optimism across the Asia Pacific region continues to gather momentum and investors will have a clear appetite to expand their portfolios.
- Industrial & Logistics assets will be the most sought after in APAC, with >20% of investors anticipating capital value gains of 10 – 20% in value-add assets.
- Core-plus offices in Tier-1 cities like Singapore, Sydney and Tokyo will continue to garner keen interest from investors.
- Multifamily/built-to-rent (BTR) properties are also an increasingly sought-after asset class, with investors targeting both core and development projects.
- Investors see significant potential for the appreciation and repurposing of retail assets, and some 38% of investors will be looking into the hotel sector.
- Specialised assets, particularly data centres, life sciences and healthcare, are expected to help boost investment volumes in 2022.
For more insights and a detailed discussion on capital markets trends and investment opportunities, talk to a Colliers Capital Markets expert today.