Working with contractors, authorities and developers to plan and design infrastructure solutions for all types of civil infrastructure.
Our expertise includes signalised intersections, major trunk roads, bridges, reservoirs, trunk water mains, sewer rising mains and pump stations.
We specialise in liaising and negotiating with authorities for infrastructure offsets, servicing alignments and strategies, engineering design and construction and superintendency.
We specialise in infrastructure advisory to develop infrastructure strategies that will inform our client’s decision making.
Our service includes:
- Infrastructure assessment and servicing strategies
- Development cost estimates
- Constraints and opportunity assessment
- Risk analysis
- Authority liaison and negotiations
- Preliminary design
- Development advice / strategy
We undertake operational works design and lodgement of applications to Authorities for approval. This includes management of the approval to ensure quick approvals, so construction can start without delays.
Our service includes:
- Detailed Design and documentation for Bulk Earthworks, Roadworks, Drainage, Water and Sewerage and Erosion and Sediment Control
- Approvals Management and Authority Negotiations
- Coordination of Specialist Consultants
- Development Cost Estimates
- Infrastructure Agreement Negotiations
- Preparation of Bills of Quantity
We provide contract administration services to enable civil works to be constructed on time and within budget.
Our service includes:
- Preparation of Tender Documentation to AS2124 or AS4000
- Calling, review and evaluation of tenders
- Contract negotiations and Contract Documentation
- Contract Administration and Superintendency Services
- Site Inspections/Compliance Assessment
- Construction Reporting
- Claims processing
- Contractor Negotiations
- Works Certification
- Preparation of On/Off Maintenance Packages
- Plan Sealing/Statement of Compliance
We partner with Australia's leading property developers, owners and Government agencies.
We have assembled a team of the best urban development, water and infrastructure professionals in the industry.
Contact us today to find out how we can provide solutions to accelerate your success.
Managing Director | Engineering & Design
Brent is a Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ) with over 20 years’ experience – most recently helping deliver several of Queensland’s most iconic development projects.
Brent is experienced in the planning, design and delivery of major urban development projects. Brent has specific expertise in due diligence and development advisory, project planning, scope management, Infrastructure Agreement negotiations, design management, cost estimating, tender and contract documentation, contract administration and Superintendent services. Brent also has extensive experience in negotiating development approvals with various Authorities. His recent projects have included:
• Pine Valley (Lendlease) – Proposed residential development over 254 ha.
• Morayfield South (Ausbuild) – Proposed 600 lot staged residential subdivision.
• Rocksberg (AV Jennings) – Proposed residential development over 210 ha site.
• Ripley Valley, Ripley (Satterley Property Group) – 800 residential lot subdivision at Ripley.
• Hayfield, Ripley (Goldfields) – 900 lots residential subdivision in Ripley.
• Caboolture West (Baycrown) – 700 lots over 2 parcels of land in Caboolture West.
• Harmony, Palmview (Avid Property Group) – masterplanned community including estate major works on Sunshine Coast.
• 2016 current: Managing Director | Engineering & Design
• 2013 – 2016: Sector Leader – Civil & Urban (National) – Calibre Consulting
• 2011 – 2015: Executive General Manager, Qld – Calibre Consulting
• 2006 – 2014: Manager – Sunshine Coast – Calibre Consulting
• 2005 – 2006: Manager – Civil Urban Division, Lambert & Rehbein, Melbourne
• 2000 – 2005: Civil Engineer – Various Civil Engineering Consulting firms
State Director - Victoria | Engineering & Design
Karl is a Chartered Practicing Engineer with more than 30 years of experience across a broad range of residential, commercial, and industrial subdivisions and civil infrastructure projects. His strength is in the planning, design and project management and delivery of large-scale subdivisions as well as preparing and verifying development costing and feasibilities.
Clients see Karl as a trusted advisor with significant experience and solid working relationships with the relevant approval authorities. They also benefit from his results-driven approach and desire to seek innovative and sustainable solutions. His recent projects have included:
• Sinclair Heights (Sekhon) – 250 lot residential subdivision. First development in catchment and required innovative stormwater pump system to protect DEWLP grasslands, sewer pumpstation and significant shared road works costs managed via Escrow accounts.
• Beveridge Central (Beveridge Landowner Group) - Coordination servicing strategy for 8 landowner groups comprising over 2000 lots including $15m of external road upgrades, main drainage works, branch sewer works and trunk watermain works.
• Rockdale Estate, (Horizon Group) – 200 lot residential subdivision. Paynes Rd Rockbank, (Sector Advantage) – Prepared due diligence advice for acquisition and development of 600 lots.
• Maples Estate Greenvale, (Pask Group) – Initial feasibility and servicing advice for acquisition of 500 lot residential site over multiple properties.
• Woodlands Edge Wallan, (Metro Properties) – Feasibility, costing and permit negotiations for a 560-lot residential subdivision
• 2021 – present: State Director, Victoria | Engineering & Design
• 2015 – 2021: Managing Director, LD Eng
• 2011 – 2015: Manager Business Development, Calibre Consulting
• 1999 – 2011: Manager & Director Urban Development, Calibre Consulting
• 1994 – 1999: Executive Engineer, Spiire
• 1993 – 1995: Training Coordinator, Geocomp Systems
• 1989 – 1993: Design Engineer, WBCM Group
State Director - QLD | Engineering & Design
Dan has over 15 years’ experience partnering with clients and working with teams on a variety of projects across Southeast Queensland including the delivery of master planned communities, land development subdivisions, infrastructure projects, infill sites, commercial developments, and industrial projects.
Dan has experience in project delivery from inception through to completion including client engagement, project planning, briefing and scoping, design management, development negotiation of Infrastructure Agreements and Development Approvals, Operational Works Approvals, plan sealing, liaising and coordinating with relevant authorities, construction and contract administration.
His recent project experience includes:
• Flagstone City, Flagstone (PEET) – 12,000 lot masterplanned community including town centre and commercial precincts with major trunk infrastructure requirements.
• Ellendale, Upper Kedron (Cedar Woods Properties) – 750 lot masterplanned community involving major environmental coordination and trunk water main & reservoir requirements.
• Keperra Quarry (Frasers Property Australia) – 550 lot residential subdivision with significant rock and topography challenges.
• Hayfield, Ripley (Goldfields) – 1,000 lot masterplanned community
• Ripley Valley, Ripley (Satterley Property Group) – 730 lot masterplanned community.
• Plainland Crossing, Plainland (Maddison Ridge) – 450 lot masterplanned community.
• Covella, Greenbank (Villa Green) – 1,500 lot residential subdivision including pump station & rising main coordination.
2022 – Current: State Director, Queensland | Engineering & Design
2021 – 2022: Manager - Brisbane & Sunshine Coast Civil, Colliers
2020 – 2021: Principal Engineer, Colliers
2019 – 2020: Principal Engineer, Calibre Consulting
2016 – 2019: Senior Engineer, Calibre Consulting
2014 – 2016: Engineer, Calibre Consulting
2008 – 2014: Engineer, Brown Consulting
2007 – 2008: Undergraduate Engineer, Brown Consulting
Director, Planning | Engineering & Design
Tim Connolly has over 38 years’ experience in development planning where he has developed significant knowledge. He is known for clear thinking, innovative thought, proven exceptional service, relationship building and trust and integrity.
Tim has worked with public and private industry clients across all sectors, leading teams of knowledge specialists in planning, surveying, urban design and landscape architecture to create his vision of livable communities. He has been instrumental in policy and practice development in the planning and development process, where is has contributed to successful pilot programs and outcomes.
His role Colliers involves the management, communication and strategy for potential and existing development projects. His recent projects include:
• Ridgeview, Narangba (Satterley Property Group) – 627 lot residential subdivision.
• Caboolture West, Caboolture (Landowners Group) – Site is approximately 6,413ha located in the Caboolture West Growth Area in SEQRP 2009-31 and has potential to house around 84,000 people.
• Pine Valley, Narangba (Lendlease) – proposed masterplanned community over approximately 254ha.
• Morayfield South (Ausbuild) – Proposed 600 lot staged residential development.
• Rocksberg, Caboolture West (AV Jennings) – Proposed masterplanned community comprising 210ha.
• Warner Lakes (Peet) – An Award-Winning Master Planned Community that Tim has been involved in from initial purchase through to completion.
• East Point – An historical tourist-based approval that required careful and thoughtful liaison with State and Local Government and local conservation groups, to re-energise a relevant outcome, through the optimal least risk process.
2018 – Current: Director, Planning | Engineering & Design
2016 – 2018: Principal Planner, Veris
2000 – 2016: Managing Director, THG WSG
1982 – 2000: Progression through THG
Director - Water & Environment | Engineering & Design
Kelly is a Water Resources Engineer with over 19 years’ experience in surface water management, water supply and wastewater engineering working for both public and private organisations. Kelly’s experience has been gained across the urban environment, industrial, mining and energy sectors in projects which range from prefeasibility and impact assessment to detailed design. This includes experience in surface water assessment, flood studies, stormwater management plans, dam break and consequence assessment, hazardous dam assessments, water balance modelling and groundwater assessment. In addition, Kelly has worked in water supply and wastewater planning, and water treatment.
Kelly has experience in the following modelling packages; XP-RAFTS, WBMN, XP-SWMM/XP-STORM, HEC-RAS, TUFLOW, MIKE, WaterRIDE, GOLDSIM/OPSIM, GIS packages and MUSIC.
Her recent projects include:
• APLNG Environmental Impact Study, Surat Basin (APLNG) – Management of the surface water investigation associated with the proposed coal bed methane development across the Surat Basin.
• Fosterville Gold Mine Hydraulic Assessment - Hydrologic and hydraulic investigation of a watercourse adjacent to a proposed tailings dam upgrade.
• Lyon Solar Farm Hydrologic Assessments - Preliminary assessment and characterisation of hydrologic conditions for two potential solar farm sites within Victoria and South Australia.
• Peak Downs Mine Consequence Category Assessment (BMA) – Consequence Category Assessment of the Old Tailings Dam and Airfields Tailings Dam at Peak Downs Mine completed in accordance with DES guideline, ANCOLD and Canadian Dams Association Guideline.
• Mt Isa Mines, Black Star Open Cut - Hydrologic and hydraulic analysis associated with the reshape of overburden dumps at Black Star Open Cut.
• 2019-present: Director, Water & Environment | Engineering & Design
• 2011-2019: Director, AquaIntel
• 2017-2019: Principal Engineer/ Lead - Water Resources, Advisian
• 2011-2015: Senior Water Resources Engineer, Streamline Hydro
• 2009-2011: Senior Water Engineer, WorleyParsons
• 2007-2008: Location Manager, WorleyParsons
• 2006-2007: Manager – Water Resources & Mining, JWP
• 2005-2006: Senior Water Resources Engineer, JWP
• 2000-2005: Various Graduate Engineer positions