- Acquisition and Disposal
- Advisory Services
- Capital Raising
- Financial Reporting
- First Mortgage Security
- Analysis for Due Diligence
- Insurance Replacement Cost Estimate
- Lease Analysis
- Rental Assessments / Determinations
Head of Agribusiness | Valuations & Advisory Services
John is Head of Agribusiness nationally within Valuation and Advisory Services in Australia. In this role, John leads the experienced and diverse team, and is responsible for the oversight of the specialisation on a national platform. Having grown up on the family property in South Australia's Lameroo district, John has first-hand knowledge and experience of rural property operations. John commenced working with Colliers International in 2012 in Adelaide and moved to Sydney in 2019 to re-establish and grow the New South Wales division.
John has particular experience in the valuation of dryland and irrigated cropping, high rainfall and pastoral grazing, vineyard, forestry, irrigated horticulture (broad hectare potato & onion production and permanent tree crop), dairy and poultry assets. In addition to these sectors, John also has extensive experience in the valuation of leased agricultural assets.
John has valued some of Australia's largest agricultural landholdings and portfolios, with work undertaken across all states and territories of Australia for a wide range of institutional, corporate, government and private clients.
The valuations he has worked on have been for a number of purposes including Mortgage Security, Financial Reporting, Potential Acquisition/Disposal, Estate Planning/Settlement, Compulsory Acquisition and Insurance purposes.
National Director, Agribusiness SA & WA | Valuation & Advisory Services
Alex and his team specialise in the the provision of valuation and consultancy services to the rural and agribusiness sector on a national and international basis. They have specific skills in the wine, forestry, agriculture, horticulture, fisheries/aquaculture and large scale grazing and cropping sectors. The team also has plant and machinery qualifications, and deal with complex and specialised assets including large multi-jurisdictional portfolios on a regular basis.
National Director | Valuation & Advisory Services
Nick has specialist knowledge in the valuation of complex Rural and Agribusiness assets across Australia. He commenced working with Colliers International in 2007 in Adelaide and moved to Melbourne in 2014 to grow the Victorian division. Nick has specialist knowledge in the valuation of the Southern Murray Darling Basin water markets, Wine Industry, Horticulture, Forestry, Dairy and leased agricultural assets.
Director, Agribusiness | Valuation & Advisory Services
Specialist rural consultant, proficient in the valuation and advisory of agribusiness assets including: cotton, vegetable, dryland farming and intensive grazing enterprises, dairies, piggeries and chicken breeding facilities. Specialising in complex asset valuation assessments using production and cashflow data with recent experience in cotton gins, flour and sugar mills, oil seed extraction, large scale irrigation and grain handling facilities.
Prior to becoming a valuer in 2005 James had a practical history as a Jackaroo then working through to stud Overseer specialising in stud stock and wool production, to then go onto to finish a Bachelor of Farm Business Management.
In his professional career, James has comprehensive experience of providing independent agribusiness consultancy advice to property owners, mortgage lenders, insurers, government bodies and private investors and is proficient in a variety of valuation types including: In use, alternative use, as if complete, tax depreciation, stamp duty, retrospective, succession planning and rental determinations using a variety of valuation approaches and methodologies.
James has also been using his experience in consultancy and advisory work. Examples include scenario analysis, added value of new infrastructure, production analysis, design and best management practice.
James is a 6th generational farmer with a strong advantage and point of difference over other valuers in understanding the drivers of value and empathy which is connected to it.
Manager, Agribusiness | Valuation & Advisory Services
Rural | Horticulture | Agribusiness
Rob has been undertaking rural, horticulture and agribusiness valuations throughout the Northern Territory, Western Australia and South Australia over the previous 14 years with emphasis on rural residential developments, horticulture, broad acre and pastoral properties.
Valuation work has been undertaken for private clients, major lending institutions and national corporate organisations and valuation of major corporation property portfolios.
In addition to the above Rob has also undertaken valuations for the Commonwealth Government and Northern Territory Government for financial reporting purposes including the Department of Finance, Department of Housing, Department of Lands, Planning and the Environment, Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries and Department of Parks and Wildlife.
Director, Agribusiness | Valuation & Advisory Services
I commenced employment with the company in May 2012 and works within the Agribusiness Division. I have a rural background and have continued involvement on my family’s 1,000 cow dairy farm in Gippsland, Victoria.
I have experience in a wide range of valuation applications including all classes of rural property for asset, mortgage, pre-purchase and pre-sale purposes.
In the past I have undertaken valuations for a range of rural clients including private investors, corporate farmers and Investment Funds across a range of asset types, including dairy, grazing, cropping and irrigation, viticultural and forestry properties across Australia and New Zealand.
- Began employment (December 2012) at Valuer-General Victoria as a Trainee Valuer, rotating through various teams in the office as part of the ‘Trainee Valuer Scheme.’
- Involvement with the ‘East/West Link’ Project, gaining basic acquisition/compensation experience and exposure as an Assistant Valuer (January 2014). Specifically, field work as part of the ‘Voluntary Purchase Scheme.’
- Involvement in the Rating Authority- Valuations (RAV) team: exposure to councils, rating and taxation, including valuations, supplementary valuations and the objections process.
- Major involvement in the ‘Melbourne Metro Rail’ Project, predominantly in a junior project management role, with the aim of delivery of estimates to the Melbourne Metro Rail Authority. Included assisting valuation firms from quotation through to final delivery as a direct link to the Client.
- Within the Financial Reporting team: major involvement in the review of the Melbourne Metro Fire Brigade’s core and non-core asset portfolio for financial reporting purposes, as well as clients such as the State Emergency Service (SES), Parks Victoria, The Department of Education and The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP).
- Involvement with both market and rental valuations of industrial office/warehouse facilities and office tenancies on behalf of potential government tenants.
- Involvement with the market valuation of various suburban and outer-suburban development sites and basic feasibility analysis.
- Major involvement with the Level Crossing Removal Authority’s ‘Voluntary Purchase Scheme,’ in Carnegie, Murrumbeena and Glenroy; specifically, residential properties, which enabled significant exposure to a ‘conference’ scenario with both the ‘check’ and owner’s valuer(s).
- Major involvement with the ‘North East Link’ Project’s estimates of value, predominantly in a project management role, like that of Melbourne Metro Rail.
- Involvement with the West Gate Tunnel Authority’s negotiated purchases in Yarraville; specifically, residential properties, which will enable exposure to a ‘conference’ scenario with both the ‘check’ and owner’s valuer(s).
- Commenced with Colliers as part of the Victorian Agribusiness team (Valuations).
Valuer, Agribusiness | Valuation & Advisory Services
Amy specialises in the valuation of Rural and Agribusiness assets in South Eastern Australia. Despite having gained valuation experience in a wide range of rural industries, Amy’s expertise lies in the valuation of horticultural, viticulture, grazing and lifestyle properties. Amy also has a keen interest in the Murray Darling Basin and undertakes valuations of water entitlements, water allocations and leased entitlements across various water markets.
Amy has provided valuations and advisory advice for first mortgage security, financial reporting, acquisition decision making and capital raising purposes.
Make informed decisions. Read the latest property reports, get essential market trends and projections.