When complete, the Melbourne – Brisbane Inland Rail is anticipated to stimulate the State and regional economies of Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland, transform the movement of freight around the country as well as result in the following:
• Improve supply efficiencies of inter-capital freight, in turn, driving national productivity
• Reduce congestion on major national highway routes across South Eastern Australia
• Potential creation of new intermodal facilities and transport and logistic hubs in key strategic locations
• The relocation and/or emergence of inter-capital freight users to key strategic locations
• Potential uplift in industrial land values for precincts in close proximity to the rail route (occupier-led demand)
• Place higher importance around the existing Ports of Brisbane and Melbourne.