Jamie O’Reilly from the Sydney CBD Real Estate Management (REM) team in partnership with the NSW Office of Environment and Heritage (OEH) has won the NSW CitySwitch Partnership Sustainability Award for 59 Goulburn Street on behalf of a private client.
The CitySwitch Green Office Awards are a prestigious event recognising environmental excellence across the Australian business community.
The award was won for a range of key initiatives which involved:
- The development and implementation of an Environmental Management Plan to meet the Government Resources Efficiency Policy commitments and new Sustainability Strategy (2015-2020) targets.
- Soft plastics recycling throughout the whole building.
- Lighting upgrades throughout the whole building, including tenancy controls.
- Sustainable tenancy refurbishment.
- Implementation of a waste reduction contract.
- Indoor environment quality testing.
- BMS upgrade to improve cooling plant and pump efficiency.
Lord Mayor, Clover Moore praised Mr O’Reilly for his commitment in taking effective action to address sustainability and climate change at 59 Goulburn Street.
The team also received runner up and was highly commended for the National Partnership Award.