Good quality industrial stock supply is drying up with three leasing deals totalling $506,015pa negotiated by Colliers International in Acacia Ridge and Willawong.
Small to medium size businesses are very active in the Brisbane’s central south proven by the recent spate of leasing deals. This region includes suburbs such as Acacia Ridge, Willawong, Rocklea and Coopers Plains.
“Majority of the tenants are expanding their business operations and are relocating to larger premises to account for future growth. They are generally relocating within 5km radius of the previous address,” Philip Stephens, Director of Industrial at Colliers International said.
According to Levi Maxwell, Manager of Industrial at Colliers International, currently they are aware of about 50 properties for lease sized between 1,000sqm to 2,000sqm in Acacia Ridge, Coopers Plains, Rocklea and the surrounding suburbs.
“Alarmingly only less than 5 per cent of these vacancies could be genuinely classed as A Grade. There is minimal development of the facilities in the 5,000sqm and under range in this area so the demand for A Grade stock is outstripping supply. A lot of remaining stock is of B Grade quality or lower and over 15 years old.”
44 Overlord Place, Acacia Ridge leased by Phil Stephens
- $141,015pa 3 year lease to General Glass Pty Ltd
- Tenant has two additional facilities in Acacia Ridge but has expanded their manufacturing business.
- They needed an overhead crane and needed to be close to their other facilities
- 1,350sqm concrete tilt panel freestanding building with a 4t crane
74 Gardens Drive, Willawong leased by Levi Maxwell
- $140,000pa 3 year lease to World Wire Cables
- “We have expanded our stock and market share in QLD and the new facility design and layout better suits our new market direction,” Marea Ford, Sales Manager at World Wire Cables said.
- They are relocating from a premises in the same street as they still wanted easy access to Brisbane and the Logan Motorway.
- 1,400sqm warehouse, recently painted, freestanding, unique additional side access with roller doors and rear hardstand storage.
20 Colebard Street, East Acacia Ridge leased by Levi Maxwell
- $225,000pa 1 year lease to Aquarius Precast
- Tenant has purchased a concrete formwork business he previously owned many years ago.
- They leased the facility within a week of inspection as this was one of the only property of its size offering additional hardstand and cranes.
- Property features two overhead cranes and approx. 4,000sqm of concrete hardstand at the rear. Genuinely suitable for manufacturing.