I am the Head of the NSW Industrial Team at Colliers International, where I have been specialising in industrial property for 19 years. Based in the Colliers International Sydney CBD Head Office, I manage a highly successful team of over 40 staff across broader Sydney in key industrial precincts.
I specialise in the national industrial capital markets, and have excellent relationships across a broad spectrum of institutional, international and private investors. Over my time with Colliers International, I have completed hundreds of deals in industrial property, settling over $7 billion in my career to date, and leasing over 400,000sqm. I enjoy a 65% market share of industrial capital markets share in NSW.
I have worked extensively in the sale of industrial portfolios of up to 30 assets in one portfolio. My team and I have sold 50% of all industrial portfolios in the Australia over the last two years, including the J.P. Morgan Portfolio ($250m), Altis Portfolio II ($174m) and Charter Hall Portfolio ($134m).
I have focussed on building deep relationships with my clients and providing the latest in-depth information about industrial markets across Australia, which in line with my extensive track record, has seen me achieve record-breaking results for my clients.
I am a long-standing member of the Colliers International team, having joined in 2000 as a graduate valuer. I commenced with Colliers International as part of their Scholarship Program and I was fortunate to work across multiple product lines and locations across Sydney, before settling in the Industrial team in Sydney South in 2001. Over the last 17 years, I have progressed through the industrial business including managing the Sydney South and Sydney South West offices, before moving into the NSW State Product Director for Industrial in 2010.
I have seen the development of the industrial market continue to grow off the back of key infrastructure investments: road and rail networks have opened up the market for industrial, commercial and residential property growth. Historic infrastructure developments such as the M7/M5 motorways, the introduction of Intermodals as well as new and planned infrastructure will continue to provide growth for our industry.
My role encompasses the overall management of a highly successful team which has seen incredible year on year growth. We focus on everything from strata units to land sales to large logistics facilities: providing complete industrial property solutions for our clients. Our team completes phenomenal levels of transactions: last year we completed over 500 deals, averaging a property sold worth over $5m and leases equalling 10,000sqm+ every week.
Gavin has personally been involved in the sale of the following Portfolio sales:
- Altis Portfolio, NSW & SA for $342,500,000
- Schienberg Portfolio, NSW & QLD for $340,000,000
- Valad Portfolio, NSW & VIC for $138,500,000
- Abacus Portfolio, NSW & VIC for $106,000,000
- Linfox Portfolio, NSW for $104,700,000
- TZI Portfolio, NSW & QLD for $79,500,000
- Arena Portfolio, NSW & QLD for $79,395,000
- McPhee Portfolio – NSW, QLD & VIC for $70,000,000
- Hyperion Portfolio, NSW for $32,000,000
Gavin has personally SOLD the following properties:
- 60 Wallgrove Road, Eastern Creek for $55,050,000
- Gateway Estate, Industrial Parks of Australia, NSW for $55,000,000
- 5 Devon Street, Rosehill for $50,000,000
- The Woolstores, Alexandria for $52,000,000
- 105-111 Vanessa Street, Kingsgrove for $48,500,000
- Hoxton Park Central for $40,000,000
- 21 Worth Street, Chullora for $32,000,000
- 12 Williamson Road, Ingleburn for $26,150,000
- 5-9 Bridges Road, Moorebank for $25,000,000
- 93 Williamson Road, Ingleburn for $24,500,000
- 55 Bourke Road, Alexandria for $23,357,867
- 96 Canterbury Road, Bankstown for $22,600,000
- Westland Industrial Estate for $22,400,000
- 50 Airds Road, Minto for $21,600,000
- 10-38 Forrester Road, St Marys for $21,161,412
- 40-42 Carrington Road, Castle Hill for $20,000,000
- 66 Glendenning Road, Glendenning for $19,170,000