Initially joining Colliers in 2015 to work alongside National Director Jon Chomley as a Capital Markets analyst, Tom has grown organically through the Colliers system, gradually applying his analytical skills, and gravitating towards, the sale side. Now working closely with Henry Burke, the head of the Sydney North Investment Services team, Tom has established himself as a market leading sales operator on the Lower North Shore of Sydney.
Specialising in selling commercial / retail property (freehold and strata) and development sites (raw and DA approved) on the Lower North Shore of Sydney, Tom has built a reputation for being a driven, personable, meticulous operator who is clearly passionate about real estate.
Over the course of Tom’s 5 years’ in the property industry, Tom has developed a strong interest in site consolidations i.e. strata amalgamations and collective freehold sales. As a local resident, Tom possesses an intricate understanding of what’s happening in and around the Lower North Shore of Sydney, regularly attending local council meetings to stay on top of governance.
Internally, Tom is actively involved in Colliers’ key initiatives, including Portfolio Auctions, Restructuring Property Services (RPS), and Asian Investment Showcases, and forms an integral part of Colliers' National Strata Practice Group and National Premium Investments Practice Group.
Tom’s background is in property and finance, having previously worked for JLL and an independent financial services company, Evergreen Finance.
Tom sits on the Property Council of Australia's (PCA) Future Directions Committee .
2017 - Colliers International Rookie of the Year (Australia)
2018 - Colliers International Awards of Excellence (AOE) invitee
Tom was involved in sales totalling $195,471,008 in 2017 & 2018, and $43,700,00+ in Q1 2019. Some of the notable deals included:
* 20 Bridge Street, Pymble - $78,000,000
- Prominent commercial business park with future development upside
* 68 Alfred Street, Milsons Point - $40,000,000+
- Amalgamation of a 24-lot commercial strata building, sold in-one-line
* 88 Walker Street, North Sydney - $19,250,000
- Commercial freehold with DA approval for hotel conversion
* 174 & 176 Old Pittwater Road, Brookbale - $9,400,000
- 28-room New Generation Boarding House + adjoining 3 bedroom house
* 84 Alexander Street, Crows Nest - $8,160,000
- Amalgamation of a 12-lot commercial strata building, sold in-one-line
* 34-40A Falcon Street, Crows Nest - $6,860,000
- 3 commercial freeholds with DA approval for mixed use development (14 units)
* Various / 5-7 Alexander Street, Crows Nest - $5,120,000
- Collective sale of multiple commercial strata lots; potential residential development upside
* 32 Ridge Street, North Sydney - $4,670,000
- Boutqiue freehold with potential residential development upside