Student Accommodation is a highly specialised asset class. Colliers International have a team of experienced professionals that understand the sector. From transaction services, to valuation and advisory, our in-depth market insights provide our clients with access to the best resources available – just ask us how.
Our team understand the dynamics and metrics of Student Accommodation in the context of demand drivers, locational attributes, business issues and the impact of various operating agreement structures. Our transaction team are experienced in negotiating student accommodation development sites, conversion opportunities, pre-sales and existing facilities.
In the last five years, our valuation and advisory team has valued over $2 billion worth of Student Accommodation properties across Australia on behalf of private Student Accommodation providers, universities and financial institutions. We are also providing rental and strategic advice to a number of Australia’s leading universities.
We are committed to delivering the best possible results for our clients through highly detailed reporting methods and innovative property marketing strategies. Whether you are a university, institution, bank, corporate or private client, our proven track record and extensive Student Accommodation experience will ensure we accelerate your success.
Valuation and Advisory
- Acquisition and Disposal Advice
- Pre-purchase Due Diligence
- Financial Reporting Purposes Valuations
- First Mortgage Valuations
- Rental Valuation
- Research Analysis
- Disposals and Acquisitions
- Lease and Operating Agreement Negotiation
- Strategic Advice
- Transaction Management
Our Student Accommodation professionals use a collaborative approach in providing clients with thorough market knowledge. As part of a wider global team, we have access to expertise in a range of markets and strong relationships with operators both locally and abroad. Our global presence and market knowledge means our clients access a wide range of opportunities and audiences to ensure the most successful outcomes are achieved.
0413 615 398
Level 30, Grosvenor Place
225 George Street Sydney
NSW 2000 | Australia
0405 612 416
Level 30, Optus Centre
367 Collins Street, Melbourne
VIC 3000 | Australia
0439 034 033
111 Eagle Street
Brisbane, QLD 4000 | Australia
Australia’s Purpose-Built Student Accommodation (PBSA) sector has witnessed strong development growth and an increase in operational assets to meet the ongoing demand from the rapid influx of international students.
Colliers International’s new Research and Insights 2018/2019 report for PBSA – The Graduation of a Sector – found several key changes for the industry going forward, including:
- The challenges of providing affordable accommodation offerings, including considering new locations;
- The diversification of room types provided within new developments;
- The transition from development to operational assets and the unique challenges of providing a housing solution for hundreds of students within a single building;
- Proposed MIT changes and the potential impact on investor appetite; and,
- New retail and mixed-use offerings within developments to further drive the attraction and retention of students.
Our latest research and insights report with regard to the Australian Purpose Built Student Accommodation sector is available here to download.